Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Fighting

Old Feb. 4th, '15, 1:38 pm   #11
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,229
Toronto

And the UFC continues to fall.......fast.

Now Anderson Silva tests positive for steroids and surprise, surprise, Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana....again (for the 3rd time).

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc...1889--spt.html

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Feb. 4th, '15 at 8:40 pm.

Old Feb. 8th, '15, 10:13 am   #12
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,714
Boston

Yeah that was just downright shameful. The fight was boring, and they both popped positive. Low moment for the UFC to be sure, curious to see how / if they'll respond. Rumor has it the UFC isn't doing so well financially, and may even be up for sale in the near future, so this fiasco definitely comes at a bad time for them.

I'm reading articles here and there, where trainers are saying CM Punk is dedicated, skilled, and will bring something new to the octagon. Not sure how much is truth and how much is hype, but from what little I know about his previous career I know the man can get a crowd going.

Movies and history books will have you believe the most memorable gladiators of old were both formidable in combat, as well as huge fan favorites who played to the crowds. I'm definitely curious enough to tune in for CM Punk's debut, something that's definitely not being rushed, which is probably a good thing.

Old Feb. 8th, '15, 10:24 am   #13
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,714
Boston

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/jon-fit...and-suspension

John Fitch just popped before his WSOF fight. But let's face it, nobody should really be surprised to see these kinds of results in combat sports.

Old Aug. 14th, '15, 10:39 am   #14
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,229
Toronto

Not that I watch this drug infested sport anymore...but I just read this.

"The NAC handed Silva a one-year suspension from the date of the fight, changed the outcome of Silva's victory over Nick Diaz to a no contest, stripped him of his $200,000 win bonus, fined him 30 percent of his $600,000 show purse, required reimbursement of the attorney general's office expenses, required reimbursement of the drug testing costs, and required a clean drug test as a prerequisite for applying for a license after his suspension is fulfilled."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/and...5584--mma.html

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Aug. 14th, '15 at 1:21 pm.

Old Aug. 14th, '15, 6:04 pm   #15
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Even if Anderson truly only used to heal up faster for his return fight, he's ruined his legacy. Now he's a disrespectful, Cheating, dirtbag......rather than just a disrespectful dirtbag.