Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Electronics > PC

Old Jun. 12th, '14, 3:42 am   #1
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,164
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Default Canadian Internet Providers

Of the Canadians here, what is the best option to go with for a national ISP? I plan to disconnect any remaining MTS services as quickly as possible as they are outdated and sad, and Winnipeg is the only part of the province with access to everything. Statistically speaking, it looks like Rogers is the best bang for my buck (my wireless is also with Rogers), but there are also Shaw and Bell to consider. Anyone have good/bad experiences with any of them? I used Shaw back in Thunder Bay and was very happy with them, but this was also 2005 when I moved away.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 12th, '14, 5:27 pm   #2
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I don't mind Cogeco Cable at all and would have gone with Rogers Cable if it was available in Windsor.(Rogers customer for 13 years with cell service and would have bundled)

I avoid ALL things Bell like a plague.

Too many horror stories not enough characters per post to accurately describe how much I loathe Bell.

When I moved from Bell DSL territory (whopping 6meg service) to an area I knew I could get cable internet I could not cancel all Bell stuff fast enough.

Old Jun. 12th, '14, 5:29 pm   #3
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

This is taken from the furthest corner in my backyard and my wireless router is on the other side of the house in the basement....

Not shabby at all.

Old Jun. 12th, '14, 6:58 pm   #4
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,164
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Rogers offers way better bang for my buck than MTS, that's for sure. The only good reason to stay with MTS is that there's no cap on usage.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 12th, '14, 7:07 pm   #5
Chew Therapy
#PackItUp

Jul 2012 1,037
Edmonton AB

Shaw in my experience. Im not sure if it comes out as far east as you though..
Old Jun. 12th, '14, 7:41 pm   #6
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,164
Winnipeg, Manitoba

All options are available in Winnipeg, just not the rest of the province.

Old Jun. 12th, '14, 9:56 pm   #7
Zaunbie

Jan 2013 420
Halifax Nova Scotia

In halifax I have the bell fibre op and it is pretty good I think. If I could take a speed test I would but I am back in Ontario with my cogeco. Both are decent but I personally have had more issues with Cogeco, have to be close to the router and have to play xbox on wired cause the wireless is a bit iffy. But yeah I would personally say try out that bell fibre op that has worked best for me