XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

View Poll Results: Should future tournaments use the "A" and "B" pool method?
Yes - Distinguish an "A" and "B" pool 10 45.45%
No - Keep the structure and match-ups of the tournament random 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:00 pm   #1
No Regretzkys
Frozen Water Sports

Aug 2013 477
Long Island, NY
Ea Nhl 09 Versus Tournament #2 - (Poll)

Gents,

Moving forward, we'd like to make the most improvements to these tournaments that we can. These are for the community, to keep site-members active, and having fun.

With that said, we wanted to push forward this poll, to get a grasp on what the general consensus is on a tournament that features two pools, an "A", and a "B". With this structure, the "A" Pool would be the most competitive, while still staying true to the site motto, and the "B" Pool would be for more recreational competition. We realize that there are dedicated Versus and HUT players, and guys on here who play for leisure, and we want to cater to both groups, providing everyone with a chance to get the most out of the experience in the tournament. Being that no individual has an "overall", like in NHL, the decision to participate in one pool or another would be up to the player.

Of course, there's more that will be addressed as far as future tournaments go, but we felt it important to gauge the interests of the participants on this idea. Please indicate within the poll whether or not you would like to see this system implemented in the future, or continue with one, random bracket, and feel free to post below and add some discussion, or any ideas you feel would be beneficial.

Thank you

- Bryan

Last edited by No Regretzkys; Jun. 9th, '17 at 2:05 pm.

Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:08 pm   #2
FeenixRising23
Feb 2017 29
NYC

Keep it as is.

You want to be the Champ, ya gotta go through No Regretzkys/heartbryker

Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:28 pm   #3
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,492
The Elbow

I like the A and B idea. Gives lesser skilled guys a chance to progress further (and perhaps build up confidence and skill along the way).

Ultimately, the winner of A and B should play at the end though (even if it's just for "fun")

How do we determine who's A or B material?

I can see issues with separate divisions though....most people will want to be in B I think, just for the better opportunity to advance, when maybe they should have been in A.

Logistically, keeping everyone in the same division may just be the easiest path though.

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Jun. 9th, '17 at 2:40 pm.

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:33 pm   #4
No Regretzkys
Frozen Water Sports

Aug 2013 477
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I like the A and B idea. Gives lesser skilled guys a chance to progress further (and perhaps build up confidence and skill along the way).

Ultimately, the winner of A and B should play at the end though.

How do we determine who's A or B material?
That's the thing, it would be based upon personal assessment, honesty, and ultimately desire... How competitively and seriously the individual wants to play. That choice is up to the player. The idea is to offer two separate divisions for the everyday Versus/HUT guys, and the casual players. If a player kills it in the "B", they'll only be eligible for the "A" in the future.

Being that there would be a difference in skill level across the two pools, I don't know if it would be best to have one final game between the winners of both... The idea in this, is to divide the groups to cater to everyone. The "A" pool would be the much more competitive of the two.

A game featuring the two winners at the end would be cool to stream and see though, just for fun, like you said.

Last edited by No Regretzkys; Jun. 9th, '17 at 2:43 pm.

Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:42 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,492
The Elbow

Perhaps base the A & B divisions off the previous tournament results. You got through 3-4 rounds, you're in A. You were eliminated early, round 1-2, you play in B. Just an idea.

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:45 pm   #6
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,092
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Please put all us old guys in the B pool, ill bring the beers dusty will bring the burgers

Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:49 pm   #7
No Regretzkys
Frozen Water Sports

Aug 2013 477
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
Perhaps base the A & B divisions off the previous tournament results. You got through 3-4 rounds, you're in A. You were eliminated early, round 1-2, you play in B. Just an idea.
This is something we talked about, but being how random this last bracket was, it wouldn't be too fair to judge. Two "A"-level players very well may have played in the first round...

If we were to divide into "A" and "B" pools moving forward, players would gain a reputation and ultimately be classified in to one or the other, based upon their performances. Again, to keep things as fun, fresh, fair, and competitive as they can be. Things would level themselves out.

Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:52 pm   #8
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,492
The Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
Please put all us old guys in the B pool, ill bring the beers dusty will bring the burgers

Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:53 pm   #9
No Regretzkys
Frozen Water Sports

Aug 2013 477
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
I like burgers...

Old Jun. 9th, '17, 2:54 pm   #10
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,363
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

its always hard to judge who should be at what level but in my opinion with this group of guys that have been around each other you can probaly get a pretty good idea. What do you do with people that may want in and didn't play 1st tourney.