24. DMRX - New York Islanders
25. Laynher - Philadelphia Flyers
26. HABS - Vancouver Canucks
27. HockeyPlaya - San Jose Sharks
28. Odd Guy - Pittsburgh Penguins
29. BleedBlueBlood - Toronto Maple Leafs
30. Danzerino - Montreal Canadiens

Rules:

1. When entering a game, period-length should be changed to five minutes, and the "tiebreaker" setting should be adjusted to read "Continuous OT". Besides for the changes, all other settings should be left untouched, and the default "Versus" presets should be used.
2. Each party should use their assigned team.
3. Position-lock is not permitted.
4. Upon conclusion of the game, both parties should post below in this thread, reporting the score. It is also asked that scores be e-mailed to Kabbott, at kabbott50@hotmail.com, to insure everything is verified and accounted for. A private message to either Kabbott, or myself, works fine as well.
5. Each round is a "best of 3" series, except for the finals, which will be played out in a "best of 7".
6. Be courteous to each other, and remember, even when the competitive juices are flowing... It's just a game. Regardless of the score, keep that in mind. Remember that we're still playing through XBS, and your opponent isn't some random guy.
7. Have fun with it... This is solely meant to be something for members to participate in, outside of XBSHL, and have a good time with. If things go well, this can become a staple here. Collectively, we'll decide what rules work, which ones don't, and we'll refine in future tournaments. This is a group effort.

Bracket:

www.challonge.com/xbsvs
- The bracket was randomized multiple times to insure everything was fair. Due to the amount of participants, two have randomly received a bye into the second round.

As of this moment, the tournament is live... If you're matched up against someone who has not yet picked a team, there's still plenty of time. If all goes to plan, and team assignments get finalized in a timely manner, let's aim for a full completion of first round games by Monday afternoon, 12:00PM, EST. In the case that things don't get sorted out as quickly as expected, the deadline will be extended. This is in place solely to keep the ball rolling.

Reach out to your match-up, discuss what times work, and go to war...

Best of luck to everyone competing, and... Compete, Respect, Enjoy.

Thank you,
- Bryan

Last edited by No Regretzkys; May. 28th, '17 at 6:59 pm.
Old May. 23rd, '17, 3:21 pm   #2
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 1,945
Long Island, NY

My money is on #18.
Old May. 23rd, '17, 3:42 pm   #3
Blaklash
Stick Puck Leader
Jan 2012 1,257
McLean, Virginia

I'm probably gonna be out in the first round haha.

I can tell you that the commissioners give you guys full support on this. We like the idea of a versus tournament and we hope that this can become something of a staple around here even. If you need any help, let me or Dusty know. Thanks for setting this up.

So to clarify, you'll be sending out a PM in the near future to us asking for our team selection right?
Old May. 23rd, '17, 3:47 pm   #4
No Regretzkys
Frozen Water Sports

Aug 2013 496
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaklash View Post
I'm probably gonna be out in the first round haha.

I can tell you that the commissioners give you guys full support on this. We like the idea of a versus tournament and we hope that this can become something of a staple around here even. If you need any help, let me or Dusty know. Thanks for setting this up.

So to clarify, you'll be sending out a PM in the near future to us asking for our team selection right?
Of course... It should be a lot of fun. I know personally, this is something I've wanted to see come to fruition here for a while now. It's so cool to see it really gaining some traction and drawing interest. Maybe we can do something similar in the future, with teams from different leagues.

And, yes. As of right now, I'll be sending PM's out later tonight... If you're the first person to ask for a certain team, the team is yours. If anything changes, we'll post in here.

Appreciate the support, Man... I hope everyone's looking forward to it
Old May. 23rd, '17, 5:27 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Versus Hands

Jun 2008 17,604
The Elbow

First come first serve in reverse? Lol Krim, don't you dare....

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old May. 23rd, '17, 5:32 pm   #6
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,381
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

oldest to youngest
Old May. 23rd, '17, 6:23 pm   #7
Krimsonfire
Jun 2008 2,542
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to Krimsonfire

If it's just a versus tourney why do we need to use all 30 teams? Wouldn't be fair to lose because someone has Washington and only needs to press up with Ovechkin.
Old May. 23rd, '17, 10:08 pm   #8
That 1 odd guy
Feb 2017 65
Pittsburgh

Why not make teams random
Old May. 23rd, '17, 10:11 pm   #9
No Regretzkys
Frozen Water Sports

Aug 2013 496
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsonfire View Post
If it's just a versus tourney why do we need to use all 30 teams? Wouldn't be fair to lose because someone has Washington and only needs to press up with Ovechkin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by That 1 odd guy View Post
Why not make teams random
Randomizing teams is definitely something we can do going forward... While this is meant to be a competitive tournament, it's really just for fun, and hopefully, one of many. If this goes well, this is something we can continue to do throughout the Summer... Consider this one a test run, and we'll see how things go.
Old May. 24th, '17, 9:43 am   #10
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,547
Boston

I can't believe you gave the Wings to Pierre.

This is going to be a lot of fun!
When life knocks you down, get back up, smile, and politely say, "You hit like a bitch".