Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old Apr. 26th, '16, 6:20 pm   #21
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,081
Winnipeg, Manitoba

As long as I can put the right color clown nose on the fan in section E row 13 seat 22, of course I'll forgive how playing defense means getting pucks banked in off you more often than something actually resembling defense!
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Apr. 27th, '16, 8:21 am   #22
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,471
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Blaklash View Post
Please let me tie up forwards in front of the net again, please let me tie up forwards in front of the net again, please....
This. Oh sweet baby Jesus, this!!

Old Apr. 27th, '16, 4:30 pm   #23
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,086
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

"Changes the momentum of the game." I KNEW IT!!! Ice tilt is real!!

Old Apr. 27th, '16, 8:27 pm   #24
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,081
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
"Changes the momentum of the game." I KNEW IT!!! Ice tilt is real!!
The momentum meter they put on the screen until '03 never went away, they just made it invisible.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 7th, '16, 10:46 am   #25
allthway
Master
May 2014 488

https://www.easports.com/nhl/m2?utm_...un16-n16-eashl

looks like we see a glimpse of how the players will progress here...

Focus on winning too much
Old Jun. 7th, '16, 11:41 am   #26
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,092
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthway View Post
https://www.easports.com/nhl/m2?utm_...un16-n16-eashl

looks like we see a glimpse of how the players will progress here...
Looks like they are moving towards FIFA's progression system. If they are i cant wait to play it.

Old Jun. 7th, '16, 12:41 pm   #27
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,492
The Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
Looks like they are moving towards FIFA's progression system. If they are i cant wait to play it.
Where did you read that? I read it unlocks customization items for players, teams and arenas. Not progressing your player so he gets better, the progression is just for unlocking items.

From what I understand, they are staying put with player templates, just going to offer more of them.

Personally I prefer it this way. It leaves the game as skill vs skill, not a player's progressed build and skill vs skill. Whenever you have attributes involved in making a BAP better, kids will always find some glitch or exploit to use, so the way they have it now is the way to go.

From what I've seen and read, I am VERY excited now for 17

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Jun. 7th, '16, 1:14 pm   #28
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,892
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
Where did you read that? I read it unlocks customization items for players, teams and arenas. Not progressing your player so he gets better, the progression is just for unlocking items.

From what I understand, they are staying put with player templates, just going to offer more of them.

Personally I prefer it this way. It leaves the game as skill vs skill, not a player's progressed build and skill vs skill. Whenever you have attributes involved in making a BAP better, kids will always find some glitch or exploit to use, so the way they have it now is the way to go.

They actually answered the similar question in https://www.easports.com/nhl/ask'

As you said, its the same system, but the idea is it offers you rewards for those accomplishments, and it seems like they aren't separated per player class anymore.

The changes they are making sound good on the surface, but I'll be more interested to see how the net battles and extended stick lifts work defensively.
Old Jun. 7th, '16, 1:21 pm   #29
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,492
The Elbow

I did ask EA for a few things to add into the game.

Customized camera which they already said they can't do.

Indicating PP and SH goals in the boxscore.

Unlock Cooperalls and the ability to not wear a helmet, so I can have a balding mullet free flowing in the wind a la end of career Harold Snepsts.

To have the Tie Domi heavyweight belt celly after a fight.

Let's see what they add

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Jun. 7th, '16 at 1:48 pm.

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Jun. 7th, '16, 1:34 pm   #30
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,092
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post

I didnt read it anywhere...i was hoping they were headed down that path. I want to be able to at least change my height and weight which should have an impact on a few attributes.