Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > EA Hockey

Old Mar. 29th, '16, 9:40 am   #1
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,363
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67
Default Game Issue

Looking for some insite. I have been experiencing some freezing/lag issues with ea hockey mainly in hut or eashl. The issue is the player with the puck just stops skating. I can pass the puck or shot the puck but he will not skate. Seems to be mainly online tried a quick game yesterday and did not appear to have issue. It also seems if i do a little deke when frozen he will start to move again. Anyone else having this issue? I have talked to ea and xbox and have taken a lot of steps as far as hard reboot of system, uninstalled my profile, uninstalled game, delete game, rebooted router, opened up ports. Not sure what this might be just wondering

Old Mar. 29th, '16, 9:49 am   #2
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,226
Niagara Falls, Ontario

Servers.. we have seen this the past few nights with a few guys as well.

everything online aspect to this game is related to computer networks/switches/servers tying people together..

locally 9/10 times is not the issue.. if you have open NAT and a good internet connection you should not have problems.

Old Mar. 29th, '16, 9:57 am   #3
allthway
Master
May 2014 488

I had this problem before opening my ports, since then i haven't had a problem so thats really strange.

Focus on winning too much
Old Mar. 29th, '16, 10:25 am   #4
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,363
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredCustoms View Post
Servers.. we have seen this the past few nights with a few guys as well.

everything online aspect to this game is related to computer networks/switches/servers tying people together..

locally 9/10 times is not the issue.. if you have open NAT and a good internet connection you should not have problems.
so my nat is open

network details from xbox are
download 82.99 mbps
upload 76.43 mbps
packet loss 0%
mtu 1480
latency 80ms

Old Mar. 29th, '16, 10:29 am   #5
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,363
West Chester, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthway View Post
I had this problem before opening my ports, since then i haven't had a problem so thats really strange.
do you remember the ports you opened? according to ea i did
tcp 80,443 10000-10150 and 42127
udp 3659,6000 and 10000-10150

but doesnt really seem to make a difference

Also this problem has only came about last maybe week or 2 have never had any issues in the past. Thought maybe my controller had issues but had a brand new one and still the same issue

Old Mar. 29th, '16, 11:45 am   #6
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,492
The Elbow

When's the last time you updated your controllers? They do run on firmware that needs to be updated from time to time. Plug them into the console using the USB, go to settings, devices, then controllers. You should see the option to update or check for updates. If you've never done this before, then I would say this is your problem.

In terms of what ports to open, I made a post a long time ago about the whole process. I'll try to find the threads for you.

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Mar. 29th, '16, 11:46 am   #7
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,492
The Elbow

Here's the thread for NAT ports.

http://forum.xbox-sports.com/showthr...399#post321399

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Mar. 29th, '16, 11:58 am   #8
Jordan9289
Pure Garbage
Jan 2009 915
403 Calgary, Ab

I think it could be the servers bench, this happens to me right after I catch a lag spike and I will be unable to skate until theres a whistle.
It only started happening to me the las week or so.
Old Mar. 29th, '16, 12:17 pm   #9
Blaklash
Stick Puck Leader
Jan 2012 1,239
McLean, Virginia

I have been hearing and seeing more reports of lag lately; I'm thinking there are just periods of time where their servers will experience a bit of a slow down. I haven't had too much in the form of lag, but I don't deny that it's there.

Hopefully things start to settle down. Generally, if you can play other games with a similar amount of players as OTP without lag, I would say that it's NHL having a bit of a slow down.
Old Mar. 29th, '16, 3:35 pm   #10
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,363
West Chester, PA

it just happens all the time either hut or eashl mainly online not offline and no lag in game per say player just does not respond can pass and next player same thing just very frustrating as i have never had issues up until this happened and I have gone through the steps. BBB asked about controller it is up to date even tried to resync it. I opened up more ports and still the issue. i sent ea a couple records to see what they say will see