Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Basketball

Old Jun. 24th, '14, 8:34 am   #1
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME
Default LeBron James

Turn off Sportscenter, avoid ESPN.com.......LeBron is going to free agency, opting out of the last twol years of his contract with the Miami Heat.

Last edited by Tougie; Jun. 24th, '14 at 8:40 am.
Old Jun. 24th, '14, 8:49 am   #2
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,081
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I don't even watch basketball, and I think this guy can eat a dick.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 24th, '14, 9:21 am   #3
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,755
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
I don't even watch basketball, and I think this guy can eat a dick.
I agree, he is a douche. I really hope he doesn't have a huge drama presentation like when he chose to go play in Miami. And if he ends up back in Cleveland I hope the fans eat him alive.
Old Jun. 24th, '14, 9:35 am   #4
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,491
The Elbow

I can understand that people don't like him because he is the best player in the world but I think the hatred towards him is unfair. Hell, I used to be one of those guys but really, he's not a bad guy when you look at the bigger picture. In comparison to other athletes he is well behaved, projects a good image for kids as a role model, does lots of charity work, he's not a thug or associated with gangs and he's a family man with 2 boys. From what I've read he is a great father to them.

It's funny you say that Latt, because going back to Cleveland is something he said he wants to do at some point. I'm sure the fans there won't eat him alive but instead welcome back their hometown boy with open arms.

I personally think this is only to resign with Miami at a lesser contract (rumors are Wade and Bosh may do the same thing) so they can sign 1-2 more profile players to win 1-2 more rings before they all depart/retire from Miami.

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Jun. 24th, '14, 9:46 am   #5
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin

It's like any great superstar, people hate. As Scott said you can say what you want but ANY team would welcome him. If he came to the Raptors this city would shit their pants.
Old Jun. 24th, '14, 9:51 am   #6
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,491
The Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatingPenguin View Post
It's like any great superstar, people hate. As Scott said you can say what you want but ANY team would welcome him. If he came to the Raptors this city would shit their pants.
I would love that but I think the chances are greater that I win the 6/49 lottery this coming Wednesday

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Jun. 24th, '14, 10:22 am   #7
KT
Jul 2008 5,112

I can't wait for the 1 hour special!
Old Jun. 24th, '14, 12:15 pm   #8
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

I don't hate LeBron, I just hate the media's over-coverage of every thing he does. Sure, it's their job, he's the best player in the world, it makes sense to have him be your top story. But when the Spurs win the title, and the top story on Sportscenter isn't about them winning it, it's about LeBron and the Heat losing it, that's where my dislike comes from.
Old Jun. 24th, '14, 12:21 pm   #9
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,755
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post

It's funny you say that Latt, because going back to Cleveland is something he said he wants to do at some point. I'm sure the fans there won't eat him alive but instead welcome back their hometown boy with open arms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougie View Post
I don't hate LeBron, I just hate the media's over-coverage of every thing he does.
This is exactly why I dislike him. I know it is not his fault that he is covered so much but when he did that ESPN special for his "decision", that is where he really lost me. For that alone I really can't stand the guy. As for him going back to the Cavs, you're right I'm sure the city would indeed welcome him back with open arms because he is a great player. It wont be the same though because the true Cleveland fans won't forget that he just bounced to go get some rings.
Old Jun. 24th, '14, 2:21 pm   #10
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,090
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

my problem with LeBron is he's pron to give excuses and quit.... Ie Cavs finals a while back where he basically disappeared.. This series here where cramps, and AC.. and whatever was his excuse... He's good... One of the greats.. But I dont like him because he's not the quality of champion as we're use to.. Guys that you just hate to be up against like Jordan, Bird... Where they had the killer attitude... I think Lebron is better than Reggie Miller in a heart beat but Reggie still had that never say die attitude.. I miss guys like that... Seems like some of these guys in todays NBA... just faint out when down.... JUST IMO...

one thing I love about this is all those Miami Heat Bandwagon fans that bought those jerseys will have to sell for another team...

Its just like all these Ranger fans that came out of the wood work.. Band Wagon fans.. Who needs them..