Old Apr. 29th, '13, 3:01 pm   #21
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,090
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Amonte View Post
How people could ever compare the two absolutely blows my mind.
Just saying it biologically incorrect... That's the comparison I'm going for... I guess beastiality might be a bit harsh..lol.
Old Apr. 29th, '13, 3:12 pm   #22
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,090
Raleigh, NC

I don't mind people being people.. Do what you want... Love what you want, who you want whatever... For me its wrong...but i think sports should be about sports... And that's it... I mean this story is getting more press than than Steve Gleason.. Which what he's going through effects the game.. And is heartbreaking to say the least... But a guy coming out... Makes bigger headlines than this guy who's trapped in his body and about to die... Just think we have priority problems..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...3rd-round-pick in case you didn't know who he is..

Last edited by nosice; Apr. 29th, '13 at 3:31 pm.
Old Apr. 29th, '13, 3:36 pm   #23
CSampson
H. Hammerstein #77
Jul 2008 3,118
Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to CSampson

Always wondered who the first athlete would be.

As muscley said, I thought it would be in the NHL because of the You Can Play program.

A big day in pro sports history though. Glad to see the first man with courage to come out. He's gonna face a lot of bigots, haters and close-minded people, but he did an amazing thing here today.

Just thought it would be worth mentioning this:

Quote:
Members will not start a thread or post for the purpose of discussing politics or religion. Members may not use avatars or signatures to convey religious or political views/messages. Members who fail to adhere to this policy may be subject to suspension or removal.
Just because the line between belief and politics can sometimes be blurry.
Old Apr. 29th, '13, 3:45 pm   #24
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,492
The Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosice View Post
I don't hate gay people, I just think its wrong... Simple as that.... I have a cousin who's gay and I love her to death but I still think its wrong... I liken it to beastiality, having sex with other animals... It's not biologically correct... And that's how I look at it...
What makes it "wrong" in your eyes? Because they can't produce offspring in the traditional sense?

Last I checked, true love comes from the heart and brain, not where you stick your "you know what".

The people who are going to have major issues over this type of stuff are the very religious. Don't get me started on bible thumpers and religion, because I won't here (as it's against the TOS) so I'll just leave it at that.

As you skate across my blueline in the shadow of death, thou shall fear my evil - Sauerkraut 23:4
"My uncle Tretiak taught me everything I know" - Baron Von Sauerkraut
Old Apr. 29th, '13, 3:50 pm   #25
CSampson
H. Hammerstein #77
Jul 2008 3,118
Ottawa
Send a message via MSN to CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
What makes it "wrong" in your eyes? Because they can't produce offspring in the traditional sense?

Last I checked, true love comes from the heart and brain, not where you stick your "you know what".

The people who are going to have major issues over this type of stuff are the very religious. Don't get me started on bible thumpers and religion, because I won't here (as it's against the TOS) so I'll just leave it at that.
I saw this quote on reddit:

listix 1860 points 5 hours ago (2517|657)
Society advances one funeral at a time.

I think it kind of resonates and is applicable to so much in our world.
Old Apr. 29th, '13, 4:12 pm   #26
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,471
Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkguy16 View Post
even In The Year 2013 We Live In A World Where Someone Is Completely Chastised For Their Sexual Preference And Mocked Because They Have Different Feelings About People.

This Is About Accepting Everyone And Not Essentially Being Forced To Keep This A Secret. It's About Human Rights, Human Dignity And Human Decency.
Post of the Day TM

Old Apr. 29th, '13, 4:47 pm   #27
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,081
Winnipeg, Manitoba

1. They're born that way so we shouldn't make them hide it.

2. Even if they werent, if you're not gay, why worry about it?

3. I do agree with nosice about one thing - athletes should be judged on their play entirely. I don't give a crap about someone's sex life or coke habit or whatever as long as they get goals and touchdowns for my teams.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Apr. 29th, '13, 4:48 pm   #28
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,090
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post

Now wait a minute, lets stay away from attacking...

Loving somebody is loving somebody .. To me there is a difference... we have people we love ..

But being a heterosexual and a homosexual is exactually that.. Where you put your you know what.. I dont think there is a different definition...lol.. and in this definition I believe is wrong....

Either way I dont look at people and mark them as being this that or the other... Which i think is a huge failure in our society today... We always look for things that divide us or that makes us different than the things that makes us more simular.... I dont care if anybody is gay.. But I dont think its my business or anybody's business for that matter.. To me its a non story... and a tired one at that....
Old Apr. 29th, '13, 5:15 pm   #29
tattoofreak34
Jun 2010 688
niagara falls ontario

i get why this is a big deal to the media and world.but almost anyone with a brain knew that there had to be gay pro athletes male or female.congrats to him for finally coming out and just being himself.as for me i dont care what any pro does as long as they are not commiting crimes or hurting anyone who cares .let people be themselves the world is hard enough.and compoaring beastiality to being homosexual is so wrong not even in the same ballpark.

Last edited by tattoofreak34; Apr. 29th, '13 at 5:21 pm.
Old Apr. 29th, '13, 5:28 pm   #30
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,090
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoofreak34 View Post
i get why this is a big deal to the media and world.but almost anyone with a brain knew that there had to be gay pro athletes male or female.congrats to him for finally coming out and just being himself.as for me i dont care what any pro does as long as they are not commiting crimes or hurting anyone who cares .let people be themselves the world is hard enough.and compoaring beastiality to being homosexual is so wrong not even in the same ballpark.
yeah I apologize for that.. the more I think about it the more horrible it sounds.. not my intent.. sincere apologies for that one..