Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Electronics > Gadgets and Other

Old Aug. 29th, '10, 10:26 am   #21
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Ended up jailbreaking via the site. Worked like a charm. So far haven't found much that makes it a must have app to make me jailbreak again if something happens. Only app I've found that I use a ton is BiteSMS which makes it simple and easy to reply or compose text msgs from any screen, including the locked screen. So much easier then having to go into the app each and every time.
Old Aug. 30th, '10, 8:20 am   #22
murph
Aug 2010 274
NY

Jeffrey - have you loaded up SBSsettings? adds a quick menu to turn on/off phone, 3G, wifi, BT, etc. it's handy.
Old Feb. 12th, '13, 7:02 pm   #23
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

my how the times have changed...

not that I was 100% against jailbreaking but curiosity got the better of me when all the hype about evasi0n came out, wow.

Jailbreaking is pretty freaking cool.

currently I have quite a few tweaks that I like and can't for the life of me figure out why Apple wouldn't incorporate some of these things in iOS7. (they may, they should but odds are they won't)

Dreamboard loaded with Gyro 3 HD and alternating with Boxor HD
Zephyr (Carrier logo switcher)
Auxo
Activator
Cascade
Infinidock
Labelslide
NCSettings
Now Now
Winterboard
Zepplin
ByteFont

are just the ones I play with a lot, very cool levels of customization...

iFile is a great tool for tweaking every single file at the root level on your iPhone, very cool but be very careful not to delete sys files LOL

Battery life is not as good as it used to be but I can live with it since I know it's the dynamic Dreamboard themes etc.

just for my own piece of mind, I did the backup to iTunes and then visited http://evasi0n.com and followed the super easy steps. The jailbreak was less than 7 minutes, I installed the JB and then added some tweaks and played for a couple hours then did a restore from iTunes and all was good.

It's jailbroken again

now just waiting on Firecore to update Seas0npass so I can update my Apple TV and re JB it lol

Old Feb. 19th, '13, 7:41 pm   #24
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

http://www.cultofmac.com/216605/evas...1-2-jailbreak/

Quote:
The Evasi0n website has been updated to officially recognize 6.1.2 as a supported firmware version. You can download it now and use the free tool to jailbreak any iOS device running 6.1.2. Existing jailbreakers on 6.1 have no reason to update to 6.1.2 and re-jailbreak unless they are affected by the Microsoft Exchange bug.
Read more at http://www.cultofmac.com/216605/evas...rCbrzsxebyW.99

I think I just bricked my iPhone lol

it's hung after restore...

I'll give it a bit longer since i have a lot of stuff to actually restore.

then update to iOS 6.1.2 then re jailbreak it...

Old Feb. 19th, '13, 7:55 pm   #25
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

whew.... not hung anymore all good!

Old Feb. 20th, '13, 5:14 am   #26
Jeffrey99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

I'm still on 5.1.1...Been wondering lately if I should update to 6 and then rejailbreak. Just hate losing all my cydia apps and settings when doing that.
Old Feb. 20th, '13, 9:47 am   #27
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

http://www.cultofmac.com/169467/how-...imate-roundup/

I used open backup and worked just fine

Old Feb. 20th, '13, 10:04 am   #28
Jeffrey99

Jul 2008 3,096
Columbus, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
http://www.cultofmac.com/169467/how-...imate-roundup/

I used open backup and worked just fine
Sweet, thanks. Will have to check that out.
Old Feb. 20th, '13, 10:52 am   #29
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

I also had a list written out just in case I wasn't able to retrieve everything, so far it seems everything is A-Ok

(I'm new to jail breaking so the list wasn't that long lol)

Old Feb. 25th, '13, 3:00 pm   #30
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

one feature of Open Backup I just stumbled across is that it can backup after each Respring or timed intervals (or both)