Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Racing

Old Jan. 17th, '14, 1:44 pm   #1
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 441
Warren, MI
Default Forza 5

I am literally addicted to this game. I absolutely love racing and this game just keeps me coming back for more.

Does anyone else out there play it besides Ghosthound and Ivory? I'm looking for others to race with and share tunes and such with.
Old Jan. 17th, '14, 2:47 pm   #2
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,563
Canada

I'm down to race, although I'm not very good at the game. Played online with Pixel few days ago, and we were just getting killed by the guys always out in first. I also don't know how to tune a car in this game, does it help a lot with your lap times?

I skipped out on Forza 4, but I used to be pretty good at Forza 3, just can't seem to grasp Forza 5 online yet.
Old Jan. 19th, '14, 11:23 am   #3
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 441
Warren, MI

The tunes will absolutely make you race incredibly faster. I can share some of mine with you and that will put you at an advantage.

Speed in this game is all about driving smoothly through turns and acceleration out of them. And, of course, consistency. Also taking off traction and stability control as well as driving manual w/clutch will make you much faster.
Old Jan. 19th, '14, 1:46 pm   #4
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,712
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexGoBlue View Post
Also taking off traction and stability control as well as driving manual w/clutch will make you much faster.
Not necessarily. Well, at least in previous versions. I used automatic and had many of the helpers turned on and I could be one of the top lap times. Not just against friends either but on the leaderboard.

I do agree that tuning probably does help. Spec, I didn't understand tuning either but there used to be tuning calculators out there. You basically put in certain criteria or whatever and it would give you a default tune. That's all I used to do and again, I could get fairly high on the leaderboards.

Here's an app version from one of the guy's that I used. Currently it's only for Forza 4 but he's working on a 5 version. Many people say it's passable to use for Forza 5 with a few tweaks. Not sure if it costs though, I didn't go that far. I used to use his free web version:

ForzaTune.com

Here's a nice little site that explains what each thing does and why. However, I could read that all day and still be like, "Whatever." So I prefer the calculators because I'm lazy:

http://segmentnext.com/2013/11/28/fo...-tuning-guide/

*EDIT* There might be Forza 5 tuning calculators out there but a quick search I didn't find any.
Old Jan. 19th, '14, 2:22 pm   #5
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Not necessarily. Well, at least in previous versions. I used automatic and had many of the helpers turned on and I could be one of the top lap times. Not just against friends either but on the leaderboard.
I found it made a big difference for me. Not so much in Forza 5 yet as I haven't played it a lot but Horizons and Forza 3, had a big impact switching to manual/w clutch. I was able to knock several seconds off of all my times by making the change.
Old Jan. 19th, '14, 3:04 pm   #6
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,712
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
I found it made a big difference for me. Not so much in Forza 5 yet as I haven't played it a lot but Horizons and Forza 3, had a big impact switching to manual/w clutch. I was able to knock several seconds off of all my times by making the change.
But that's why I said "not necessarily". It doesn't work for everyone, but will work for some. I suck at it so I guess I've learned how to race with it automatic.

The reason I want to say that it doesn't necessarily matter (especially the traction control and stability) is that I don't think changing those things always make a difference. When I turned traction control and stability off, I just sat there and did doughnuts

I used to race with a handful of guys and we never came to any conclusions that one is better than the other. Some guys claimed one thing and others claimed the other.

So my point is you don't necessarily have to change everything to get better times. If someone says you NEED to turn off this and that, you'll drive yourself crazy if it doesn't work for you. Meaning, you might just walk away from the game thinking, "Well, I suck at that so if I have to race that way, the game is useless."

I would try turning things on and off but if it doesn't work for you, you can still compete by using your preferred settings
Old Jan. 20th, '14, 4:21 pm   #7
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,756
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I love Forza 5 although I have not yet been online with it. It is a beautiful game and I honestly don't give it the time it deserves. I'm off the next 3 days so I am planning on using and abusing it. I will add you on XBL.
Old Nov. 24th, '14, 8:13 pm   #8
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,339
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

Anyone still play Forza5? I'm decent at the game, would be fun to have some friendly competition

]
Old Nov. 24th, '14, 9:04 pm   #9
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 441
Warren, MI

I haven't played in quite a while, but I can put you in your place (last place) if you want .
Old Nov. 24th, '14, 10:47 pm   #10
FluKy
Jun 2008 2,339
Toronto, ON
Send a message via MSN to FluKy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexGoBlue View Post
I haven't played in quite a while, but I can put you in your place (last place) if you want .
A lot of talk, lets see if you can back it up

]