Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Soccer

Old Apr. 17th, '13, 9:54 pm   #1
Decade
For your health!

Aug 2008 1,194
Winnipeg, MB
Send a message via MSN to Decade Send a message via Skype™ to Decade
Ea Sports Fifa 14

EA has released some info on FIFA 14's new features here: http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa14

Pure shot looks pretty good, I'm interested to see how much it changes the gameplay, one of my biggest complaints for FIFA 13 is how long it takes for you to shoot the ball after pressing the shoot button. Not sure if this will help that at all but it looks like it will be a lot smoother. The ball physics would just be icing on the cake if they nail the shooting this year IMO.

It's also nice to see them concentrate on possession with the new ball protection feature, instead of adding more dangles. Hopefully this will make for less over the top through ball breakaway gameplay and reward teams for passing the ball around and setting up triangles like in real soccer.
Old Apr. 17th, '13, 10:15 pm   #2
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Sounds f'in awesome!
Old Apr. 17th, '13, 11:26 pm   #3
nosice
#1 TEXAN FAN

Jul 2008 3,093
Raleigh, NC
Send a message via MSN to nosice Send a message via AIM to nosice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decade View Post
Hopefully this will make for less over the top through ball breakaway gameplay and reward teams for passing the ball around and setting up triangles like in real soccer.
IM guilty of this because I stink something awful playing FIFA.. But love the game...

I wished I would have bought this game at release but 12 set on my shelf with about a week or two worth of gameplay... Didnt want to make that mistake again...

Needless to say its been the game in my xbox for about 5 to 6 weeks now... pull out for XBSHL.. and that's it...

Cant wait to start 14 at release this year..!!! Thanks for the info..

(agreed with the LONG Delivery of a SHOT...)

Old Apr. 17th, '13, 11:36 pm   #4
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,115
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

I like the idea of holding possession but I can't help but think that all the online players will keep their guys at 5'1" and now be able to shield off 200lbs full backs at will. They need to fix that stuff so every player isn't a midget.
Old Apr. 18th, '13, 1:08 am   #5
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
I like the idea of holding possession but I can't help but think that all the online players will keep their guys at 5'1" and now be able to shield off 200lbs full backs at will. They need to fix that stuff so every player isn't a midget.
Agreed

And EA overdoes everything, like the first touch this year, so they will most definitely overdo this 110%.
Old Apr. 21st, '13, 12:30 am   #6
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,115
Portland, OR

Yeah, you get no benefit to being stronger than another person. A 6'3" full back should be able to blow up a little shit 5'1" striker who's coming right at him. The worst part though is when you're side by side and the striker can fly by even though in real life the huge defender would be muscling him off the ball.
Old Mar. 20th, '14, 10:14 pm   #7
Revelations
Banned
Jun 2013 648
Pittsburgh, PA

BlakLash and I are going to be playing FIFA ON XB1 if anyone is interested joining us.
Old Jun. 16th, '14, 3:30 pm   #8
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,115
Portland, OR

Got a sweet left footed volley chip from outside the box the other day with my pro. EA decided to remove it from my list of accomplishments after the game. Fuck you EA. Same as FIFA 13 when I got 4 overhead kicks but only 1 counted. I hate you so much EA.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Jun. 16th, '14 at 4:04 pm.
Old Jun. 16th, '14, 6:10 pm   #9
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,151
Winnipeg, Manitoba

When does FIFA typically come out? Is it worth buying 14 now or is it too close to 15?
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 16th, '14, 6:26 pm   #10
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,031
Toronto

comes out in September