Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Soccer

Old Sep. 12th, '12, 3:24 pm   #1
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0
Default FIFA 13 Demo

The demo came out the other day, has anyone else tried it yet?

I personally love the feel of it. FIFA12 felt very animation heavy like you were just moving from animation to animation but this one is so smooth. It feels a lot more like you are controlling a person. The heading is MUCH better and you can now actually position yourself to fight for the ball.

The gameplay seemed a bit more arcadey but it is hard to judge until you see it in action on the leagues.

Some nice additions are that they changed the pro clubs to be like NHL where there are seasons and monthly champions.

All in all, I was really impressed with it and the game made NHL13 feel really choppy. I can't wait for it to come out and I will definitely be buying it on release day.
Old Sep. 12th, '12, 3:45 pm   #2
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

I freakin' love it!! Played a bunch of games yesterday and loved the feel, how smooth it was and so on. NHL13 is going to take a back seat in a about 2 weeks from now for sure.
Old Sep. 12th, '12, 3:47 pm   #3
Novicain13
XBS Lumbus

Sep 2011 859
Buffalo
Send a message via MSN to Novicain13 Send a message via AIM to Novicain13

Oh yea I tried it for a few minutes last night and it was fantastic. The feel is great, plus its not animation based like FIFA 12
Old Sep. 12th, '12, 3:48 pm   #4
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,115
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

I wasn't going to bother with the demo since I'm buying it regardless. Good to know it's looking really nice though.
Old Sep. 12th, '12, 3:53 pm   #5
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulControlla99 View Post
I wasn't going to bother with the demo since I'm buying it regardless. Good to know it's looking really nice though.
Yeah, I wasn't really amped or anything for the demo but with the EASHL crapping out on me, I had some spare time to put towards it.

I can't really say much about whether or not it has flaws but the feel alone makes it a big improvement. My biggest gripe with 12 was the animations and that is completely gone with this one so far.
Old Sep. 12th, '12, 4:07 pm   #6
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,115
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

They were supposed to really work on the first touch animations since it's near impossible to bring the ball down unless you're wide open. Heard that really turned out well.
Old Sep. 12th, '12, 4:09 pm   #7
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Haven't tried it yet, but if its as good as everyone is saying it is then im happy i used my credit towards it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Old Sep. 12th, '12, 4:11 pm   #8
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Yeah, I had one where my player brings it down with his knee and it looked like a real play you see. Also had one where my player pulled the ball softly down right onto his foot (rather then it always hitting you and bouncing 1 or 2 feet away). He brought it down with possession... hard to explain but it just felt and looked so nice in the game.

Like I said, the game just feels smooth. Best way to describe it.
Old Sep. 12th, '12, 4:14 pm   #9
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Yeah I'm loving how it plays, probably won't get it until the price goes down a bit during the holidays, but the game is awesome.
Old Sep. 12th, '12, 7:33 pm   #10
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougie View Post
Yeah I'm loving how it plays, probably won't get it until the price goes down a bit during the holidays, but the game is awesome.
Everybody together...LOOOOOOOOOSEEERRRR