Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Electronics > Gadgets and Other

Old Feb. 24th, '14, 1:38 am   #11
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Not much detail here but my niece and nephews turned me on to Plants vs. Zombies 2.

I had heard of the PvZ games but never looked into them. After watching them play it I went home and downloaded it myself...and was hooked. I played it for way too long a couple of nights because I just couldn't stop. If you don't know, it's sort of like a tower defense game which I always enjoy.

I think it's free on both Android and ios. I haven't been able to play for a while because the fourth world is still locked There are 3 worlds with 24-25 levels each.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....pvz2_na&hl=en

ios: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plan...597986893?mt=8

Note, I quickly glanced at some reviews and the negatives were "having to pay" for plants/power-ups. I didn't have to pay one penny and like I said, I've beaten it. I'm not bragging because I'm sure many of you could beat it quicker than I did. I'm just saying you don't have to spend money. And once you start getting the better plants, it gets fairly easy.

Side note: I might make a post about it later but there is a Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare coming to XBox and XBox One. It's a co-op shooter that looks different but might be a great, less violent way of introducing the kiddos to a shooter game experience. *EDIT* I'll probably post about it.
Old Feb. 24th, '14, 1:43 pm   #12
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,193
Toronto

Yeah, my kids are asking me about getting it for XB1.

Old Feb. 24th, '14, 2:42 pm   #13
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Side note: I might make a post about it later but there is a Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare coming to XBox and XBox One. It's a co-op shooter that looks different but might be a great, less violent way of introducing the kiddos to a shooter game experience. *EDIT* I'll probably post about it.
I'm definitely looking to give that game a shot. It looks like a lot of fun as a Tower Defense/Horde game from what I read so far. Something about PvZ is so simple yet so addicting and could keep me entertained for hours at times.
Old Feb. 24th, '14, 2:45 pm   #14
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Yeah, I loved the app like I said. The XBox game is very different than the app version but looks interesting. I don't think it's as much about defense as it is a shooter.

I've said a million times that I love strategy games but I'm not good at them at all. PvZ 2 (tablet) was fun for me because it was hard enough that it was challenging but not so hard I coudn't beat it eventually.