Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Soccer

Old Jun. 24th, '12, 8:49 pm   #11
thebigschnoz
#47 | Offensive D-man

Jun 2010 1,542
Buffalo, NY
Send a message via MSN to thebigschnoz Send a message via Skype™ to thebigschnoz

Can we just stay on FIFA 12? I don't want to spend an extra 60 bucks come September...

Old Jun. 24th, '12, 8:53 pm   #12
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigschnoz View Post
Can we just stay on FIFA 12? I don't want to spend an extra 60 bucks come September...
We could keep the XBSHL using NHL12 and buy FIFA13 instead.
Old Jun. 24th, '12, 9:28 pm   #13
rangers9494fan
Nov 2010 532

Normally the FIFA games come out approx to the last Tuesday of September. Which is usually two weeks after the NHL release. I most likely will get it right away, but wouldn't be surprised if there is a few straglers.
Old Jun. 24th, '12, 10:06 pm   #14
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers9494fan View Post
Normally the FIFA games come out approx to the last Tuesday of September. Which is usually two weeks after the NHL release. I most likely will get it right away, but wouldn't be surprised if there is a few straglers.
Yeah I don't know if I will get it on release. It will depend solely on NHL and how into it I am.
Old Jun. 25th, '12, 1:21 pm   #15
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,120
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

There are big problems that need to be address from FIFA 12. The AI defensively is nothing short of atrocious. They take an good angle to the ball carrier when they're chasing from behind, then inexplicably stutter step and let the guy go right by. They rarely win headers anywhere and the full backs are always getting beat down the line. An AI dman almost always runs up on an opposing goal kick. Plus they chip the ball 10' up in the air when they're standing 6' from you with no one in the way, then they turn around and try to make a 20yd pass to you on the ground, right into a defender. NHL AI are superstars compared to those FIFA rejects. Not to mention, the AI rarely hit the net when told to shoot. EA definitely has a lot of work to do. Oh yeah and a finesse shot beats an AI goalie if you're in that right area 100% of the time.

Also, they should remove the ANY option in clubs. And bump the necessary minimum limit to 4 players. And of course give a shit when people mod their guys to 99. I'm not holding my breath.

They should also ban Mexican Pro for life.

Edit: They also need to prevent non keepers from playing keeper in pro ranked matches just because they didn't get their striker position they strap you with a 5'3" keeper, then quit the game.

Oh and as for the first touch thing, I'm looking forward too it because there's no way to shield a guy off the ball now when it's being passed to you in the air, you have to first time the pass away or it's stolen from you or headed away by an opposing player.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Jun. 25th, '12 at 1:35 pm.
Old Jun. 25th, '12, 2:19 pm   #16
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,731
Boston

/Sarcasm on.

That all sounds like a lot of fun!

/Sarcasm off.

In all seriousness, I was hoping to try FIFA to get away from some of the flawed NHL gameplay and questionable AI. If FIFA is even worse than the NHL then I think I may just need to step away from OTP type sports for a while. As much as I enjoy FIFA and the NHL, if the OTP type games are dominated by poor AI, glitchers, and exploiters who'll stop at nothing to pad their personal records and stats then the time has come for me to walk away.

Old Jun. 25th, '12, 2:21 pm   #17
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Despite all of those problems, I've heard nothing but "fun" stuff from XBSers

*EDIT* With any multiplayer game, it's in my opinion that, it matters who you game with rather than against as to whether or not you get enjoyment from the game.
Old Jun. 25th, '12, 2:35 pm   #18
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,223
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Despite all of those problems, I've heard nothing but "fun" stuff from XBSers

*EDIT* With any multiplayer game, it's in my opinion that, it matters who you game with rather than against as to whether or not you get enjoyment from the game.
Bingo! I never count on the AI for anything. The best way to play these games is having zero AI...or just have an AI goalie.
Old Jun. 25th, '12, 2:43 pm   #19
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,731
Boston

Yeah that makes sense.

Old Jun. 25th, '12, 2:45 pm   #20
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
Yeah that makes sense.
Don't get me wrong, I get upset and hate the nonsense stuff. I'm just saying I can see why all of the XBSers are having fun. And to elaborate even more, if I'm with the right group of people, all of those things bother me less and less. And obviously if that's all you see day in/day out, it would get old as well.