Other 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb. 21st, '14, 7:09 pm   #1
Revelations
Banned
Jun 2013 648
Pittsburgh, PA
Default Phone help

My contract is up at the end of the month and I'm eligible for an upgrade. The question is.. which phone to get and that would be choices between the iPhone which i currently have and that Samsung Galaxy s4. I wish thinking iphone again because i am so used to the phone after having it for years and i find it easy to use. I'm not scared to try something different so I might go with the S4. I posted this on FB but i got mainly responses from women who don't know a darn thing. So i decided to post it here where i actually value the opinions from all of you.
Old Feb. 21st, '14, 7:15 pm   #2
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,395
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

Lol. I got tired of the iPhone and was going to go to the s3 but instead went for the lumia 920 and windows phone 8 and I love it. The App Store is now filling up with the same popular apps and the hardware is considered some of the best in the business. I am a hardware guy and wanted the best which is what I got. Now I want the 1020 but can't upgrade yet.

If you have apps already that you like for the iPhone, I would stick with it for the ease of a new phone. If you aren't afraid to try something different and off the wall go windows phone or android.

Old Feb. 21st, '14, 7:30 pm   #3
Revelations
Banned
Jun 2013 648
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwhiskey View Post
Lol. I got tired of the iPhone and was going to go to the s3 but instead went for the lumia 920 and windows phone 8 and I love it. The App Store is now filling up with the same popular apps and the hardware is considered some of the best in the business.
Really? I heard that the nokia was a bad choice and the app store was horrible. That being said i really don't use that many apps to begin with though. People do have different preferences so.
Old Feb. 21st, '14, 7:43 pm   #4
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,395
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

Every says the windows store sucks but it has all the same popular apps that 90% of the pop uses anyway. They say android and apple have twice as many and they do. Most apps in any store are crap anyway. There is so much garbage put out there. I have twitter, Facebook, Instagram, vine whatsapp plus a bunch of other cool apps that only windows phone has. I haven't had a problem with finding anything that I wanted. I can see how the store layout might be awkward but itunes sucks ass and the android store is not much better and it is riddled with malware. You should go to a store and play with one for a while. Are you from canada? There is a 15 day return policy on all new phones that the government implemented so you can try one out to see what it is like.

Old Feb. 22nd, '14, 10:18 am   #5
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,878
St. Louis, MO

I love my S3 and had the S1 before that (Epic 4G). I wouldn't get the S4 though with the S5 due out in April. They're unveiling it on Monday so you'll be able to see all the specs, which are rumored to pretty much blow everything else out of the water. It's waterproof and has a metal body option which is nice cause you won't really need a case. I'm due for my 20 month upgrade on 4/1 and plan on getting one for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Old Feb. 22nd, '14, 10:58 am   #6
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,756
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I currently have the Galaxy S2 and an S3. I would highly suggest you check out Samsung. I know a lot of people whom I work with that made the switch from iPhone to Galaxy and are blown away. You will not be disappointed. As Jon said, wait for the announcement of the S5 and go from there.
Old Feb. 22nd, '14, 12:55 pm   #7
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 441
Warren, MI

Galaxy over the iPhone any day of the week. Like Jon said, wait for the s5 to come out and you will be very happy with your choice. Just don't use Sprint... ever.