Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Hockey

Old Aug. 15th, '08, 6:49 pm   #21
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,277
Toronto

It's actually Mike Van Ryan that would come to Toronto in return for McCabe. I'd prefer Horton though, but I can't see that happening.

Old Aug. 15th, '08, 7:18 pm   #22
Kocur
Padawan Mitt Dropper
Jun 2008 132
Nashville, TN area
Send a message via MSN to Kocur Send a message via AIM to Kocur Send a message via Yahoo to Kocur

Bouwmeester will go around the trade deadline, if not before, for a kings ransom Im sure. I've also read that it would be Mike Van Ryn going to Toronto for McCabe, but it won't go down until September, because of a 2 million dollar bonus that McCabe will collect from the Leafs.....
Old Aug. 15th, '08, 8:54 pm   #23
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,729
Winterset, IA

I wish NJ could get their hands on Bouwmeester
Old Aug. 15th, '08, 9:35 pm   #24
cleaner claude
Jul 2008 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow elk View Post
I wish NJ could get their hands on Bouwmeester

Or McCabe, or Van Ryn again, or hell, someone, anyone other than Johnny Oduya or Mike Motteau or Salvador, or White, hell, the only defenseman I'd like to keep in NJ is Paul Martin but sure as hell not our #1 D
Old Aug. 15th, '08, 10:47 pm   #25
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,884
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

White needs to get poked in the other eye so he'll stop playing hockey.

Old Aug. 15th, '08, 11:08 pm   #26
Kocur
Padawan Mitt Dropper
Jun 2008 132
Nashville, TN area
Send a message via MSN to Kocur Send a message via AIM to Kocur Send a message via Yahoo to Kocur

Mike Van Ryn and a second player to TO for McCabe....

Looks like it may be Radek Dvorak
Old Sep. 2nd, '08, 4:43 pm   #27
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,557
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

Vancouver - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that the Canucks have acquired defenseman Lawrence Nycholat in exchange for Ryan Shannon from the Ottawa Senators.

Nycholat, 29, joins the Canucks after playing the 2007-08 season in the Ottawa Senators system with both the Ottawa Senators and the AHL Binghamton Senators. Through 77 games played with Binghamton, Nycholat tallied 12 goals, 37 assists and 74 penalty minutes. Prior to joining the Senators, Nycholat played in 18 games with the Washington Capitals where he collected 2 goals, 6 assists and 12 penalty minutes.

The 6’0”, 200 pound defenseman also played in nine games with the New York Rangers during the 2003-04 season.

The Calgary native originally signed with the Minnesota Wild as a free agent August 31, 2000.
Old Sep. 2nd, '08, 5:03 pm   #28
Jonezy48
#92 Canucks LD

Jul 2008 1,736
Leaf Land
Send a message via MSN to Jonezy48 Send a message via AIM to Jonezy48 Send a message via Skype™ to Jonezy48

Haha Kt!!
May not be shutdown but, I will not be shutdown
Old Sep. 3rd, '08, 8:13 am   #29
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,775
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

I assume this is common sense by now, but here goes:

The Ottawa Senators finally resolved their contract dispute with defenceman Andrej Meszaros on Friday, trading the restricted free agent to the ever-changing Tampa Bay Lightning.

In exchange, the Senators received defencemen Filip Kuba and Alexandre Picard and a first round pick the Lightning previously acquired from the San Jose Sharks. Sources add that Meszaros is expected to sign a six-year contract with the Lightning averaging $4 million a season.

Full Story

#proudnewfie
Old Sep. 3rd, '08, 8:13 am   #30
kabbott50

Jun 2008 2,775
St. John's, NL
Send a message via MSN to kabbott50

Again...probably common knowledge by now:

The anticipated trade that would send veteran Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Bryan McCabe to the Florida Panthers has been made official.

The long rumoured deal was held up while the Panthers waited for the Leafs to pay a $2 million bonus due to McCabe on Sept. 1.

With the payout, McCabe, 33, will earn $4.15 million in each of the final three seasons of the five-year, $29 million contract he signed with Toronto in 2006.

The Maple Leafs will receive defenceman Mike Van Ryn in exchange for McCabe and a fourth round pick in the 2010 Entry Draft.

Full Story

#proudnewfie