Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Oct. 14th, '08, 7:50 am   #11
BxGngsta
5x Madden Franchise Champ

Jul 2008 870
New York City
Send a message via MSN to BxGngsta

There were about 2,00 people online last night, most of which were already ranked up to a level 11. I really like the perks, they are different and very interesting.
4x Madden '12 Online Franchise Champ
Old Oct. 14th, '08, 1:33 pm   #12
Xenogenetic

Jun 2008 1,544
Ottawa, ON
Send a message via MSN to Xenogenetic

From what I have heard there are different developpers for this game and then they are back to the COD 4 developpers for COD 6. When I heard I was worried thinking that it would not be as good as 4. Can you pretty much guarantee from your playing time that it is just as enjoyable as last year's game?

Last edited by Xenogenetic; Oct. 14th, '08 at 1:34 pm.
Old Oct. 14th, '08, 1:40 pm   #13
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Yeah thats what was weird, kinda going backwards IMO. Who announces that the next game is being worked on by someone else when the current one isn't even out yet?

Old Oct. 14th, '08, 1:55 pm   #14
BxGngsta

Jul 2008 870
New York City

I was definitely worried about it as well. Some of my worries were the ranking system and the graphics. From what I have seen, everything is pretty much the same as COD4 with a WWII setting. I have enjoyed everything I saw so far. All of the buttons are the same as COD4. The difference is the weapons and the atmosphere. I thought the graphics would take a hit, but they haven't at all.

I unlocked the ability to create classes (lvl 4) and noticed the perks are almost exactly the same. There are a few differences, one being the ability to wear a gas mask. Since they don't have stun grenades in World at War (WaW) they have a gas grenade where you get disoriented. the gas mask prevents that from happening.

This year's game also gives you the ability to create many more classes as you level up. I think there is a total of 12 classes you can create.

One thing I also liked was the streak kill abilities. From what I have seen,

3 kill streak - you get radar from a tracking plane
5 kill streak - you get to call an airstrike
7 kill streak - you get to send in a pack of dogs, since choppers didn't exist then. The dogs are effective and can be killed (+2 pts). They definitely do damage too!

I'll post more as I notice more. (Don't forget to hook me up with rep pts)
Old Oct. 14th, '08, 1:57 pm   #15
BxGngsta

Jul 2008 870
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
Yeah thats what was weird, kinda going backwards IMO. Who announces that the next game is being worked on by someone else when the current one isn't even out yet?
From what I understand is that Infinity Ward was focusing on 007, Quantum Solice. I read an IGN review and this 007 game uses the COD4 engine. Very interesting.
Old Oct. 14th, '08, 3:23 pm   #16
Xenogenetic

Jun 2008 1,544
Ottawa, ON
Send a message via MSN to Xenogenetic

Very helpful, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgngsta View Post
I was definitely worried about it as well. Some of my worries were the ranking system and the graphics. From what I have seen, everything is pretty much the same as COD4 with a WWII setting. I have enjoyed everything I saw so far. All of the buttons are the same as COD4. The difference is the weapons and the atmosphere. I thought the graphics would take a hit, but they haven't at all.

I unlocked the ability to create classes (lvl 4) and noticed the perks are almost exactly the same. There are a few differences, one being the ability to wear a gas mask. Since they don't have stun grenades in World at War (WaW) they have a gas grenade where you get disoriented. the gas mask prevents that from happening.

This year's game also gives you the ability to create many more classes as you level up. I think there is a total of 12 classes you can create.

One thing I also liked was the streak kill abilities. From what I have seen,

3 kill streak - you get radar from a tracking plane
5 kill streak - you get to call an airstrike
7 kill streak - you get to send in a pack of dogs, since choppers didn't exist then. The dogs are effective and can be killed (+2 pts). They definitely do damage too!

I'll post more as I notice more. (Don't forget to hook me up with rep pts)
Old Oct. 14th, '08, 3:37 pm   #17
Kiddstyle
Banned
Aug 2008 375

I got the token today and will be playing this one tonight. I played COD4 a ton and will give my thoughts on this game in the next few days.
Old Oct. 14th, '08, 4:21 pm   #18
BxGngsta

Jul 2008 870
New York City

Kiddstyle, let's try to get some games in together! If anyone else here has the beta please let us know.
Old Oct. 14th, '08, 6:41 pm   #19
Kiddstyle
Banned
Aug 2008 375

OK. Sounds good. I basically suck.

There are three maps and they don't seem too huge, unlike the very large COD3 maps. I found most maps in COD3 too dark, but it seems better in 5.

The system is very similar to COD4 when it comes to perks and creating classes. You can add scopes to guns or some other item (forget the name) so it is like a red dot. The weapons seem to do less damage and they fire slower.

There is a learning curve going from COD4 to COD5. It's not as good as COD4, but it is better than COD3. I will give it more time and see what I think. It's too early to say right now, but it feels closer to COD3 than COD4.

Last edited by Kiddstyle; Oct. 14th, '08 at 6:43 pm.
Old Oct. 14th, '08, 7:26 pm   #20
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

well good news, I just checked my email and I got my beta Key!! Bx and kidd look for me, i should have mine activated shorted.

Tags
beta, call of duty 5, cod5, waw, world at war