Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Jun. 14th, '14, 6:06 am   #1
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg
Default Battlefield: Hardline

Any of you guys doing the beta for this game? I got accepted for the PC version and am starting the download now. I most likely will not buy this as I am still enjoying BF4 and don't have the time for both. I will give the beta a shot though just to scout out how it is.

Old Jun. 14th, '14, 10:03 am   #2
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 443
Champaign, IL

I have signed up for the Beta, but I am concerned that this is just going to be another BF4 with a new skin on it. Which would also mean it's just another BF3 since 4 is practically the same game as 3. I'm losing faith in all of these pay 60 for half a game, and another 50 for the remainder, or $100 all at once games who then just take the same game and rebundle it a year or so down the line for another large chunk of change.
Old Jun. 14th, '14, 10:06 am   #3
Whiplash444
You Can't Do That!

Dec 2012 525
Long Island,New York

I got the beta as well but haven't tried it yet.looks interesting.it could be fun.

Old Jun. 14th, '14, 12:52 pm   #4
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Unfortunately, not a PC guy, nor do I have a PS4, so I'm SOL when it comes to the beta. But the game looks really cool lol. Battlefield meets cops and robbers, it's my 6 year old fantasy coming true.

Obviously a ton of people are coming to complain, mainly because BF4 was handled so poorly (although I still love the game and play daily), but overall Hardline looks like another solid game.
Old Jun. 17th, '14, 12:20 pm   #5
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 443
Champaign, IL

Got it, played it, still feels like a BF3 mod. :\
Old Jun. 17th, '14, 12:52 pm   #6
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,668
Pittsburgh, PA

I haven't touched a BF game since 3 and that was many months after release, and barely touch any CoD games ever aside from 2 gens ago. I hear many reports that it's just a texture pack to BF4 with a few features thrown in. Tired of these games doing this, and they'll be rightfully criticized. I've completely abandoned any sort of mass console seller. You can do a ton more through PC games (ARMA3 etc)

Old Jun. 17th, '14, 2:51 pm   #7
Whiplash444
You Can't Do That!

Dec 2012 525
Long Island,New York

Well I played a few rounds of the regular mode,haven't tried heists yet.from what I saw it feels like counterstrike,apb,payday meets battlefield.feels very generic but it is a beta.im on the fence still on buying it.i need to play some more to see if it gets better.

Old Jun. 17th, '14, 5:13 pm   #8
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I'm out.
Not interested.

EA already has enough of my money with BF4 and premium.

I was lucky enough to score a copy of BF4 for PS3 when futureshop had the trade any used game in promo but since I was so late getting a PS4 I missed the deadline to upgrade for 10.00.

A whole new game? From the reports I've been reading it's just a new skin, could have just as easily been released digitally as another expansion.

No thanks.

Old Jun. 17th, '14, 6:19 pm   #9
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Got to play the beta at a friends house today on PS4. Got my ass handed to me, mainly because of the controller (at least that's my excuse). And honestly, I like it. Much like any another FPS series, I didn't expect it to be much different. When talking about a series, what games this far in are really that different from the previous release?

And the main thing for me, is Visceral has done things the right way so far. They released this beta well in advance, to try and win support. It's no secret that EA forced BF4 to be a rushed release for the holiday season last year, which is why the game had one of the worst launches in gaming history. But Hardline is off to a solid start, including a much improved, BF3-like netcode (something that took 8 months to have on BF4).
Old Jul. 22nd, '14, 7:28 pm   #10
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Game has been delayed until 2015. No word on the open beta.