Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Fighting

Old May. 22nd, '14, 1:35 pm   #11
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,295
Toronto

I wasn't planning on getting this new ufc game since I barely played the last one, but last night I watched some gameplay on ufc central and then more this morning on YouTube. Long story short, I will be picking this up for XB1 come June 17th.

Old May. 22nd, '14, 2:15 pm   #12
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

I too am going to add this to my father's day / birthday wish list (or pick it up myself).

Old May. 22nd, '14, 4:06 pm   #13
KT
Jul 2008 5,228
Vancouver, B.C

I'll be buying an Xbox one just for this!!

Old May. 22nd, '14, 4:58 pm   #14
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

I'm thinking about getting this. I'll make my decision as the release data comes up. I'll have enough to do with Watch Dogs and Mario Kart 8 next week, but I do think it would be interesting to do a league in this game.
Old May. 22nd, '14, 7:44 pm   #15
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Big UFC fan, liked the THQ games for the most part......but after watching the gameplay trailer I'm not as excited as I wanted to be. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to what I want with this aspect of the game, but I was hoping for more strategic stand up, as opposed to the same old stand and spam method. Yes, it is easy to counter people, especially online, that just button mash, but in doing so it makes it very difficult to play realistically by working the jab, or the body, etc.

Just hoping that the first gameplay display was the devs intentionally showing off certain strikes and takedowns. Everything else about it so far, mainly graphically, looks very promising.
Old May. 22nd, '14, 9:35 pm   #16
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

Agreed Tougie.

Old May. 22nd, '14, 9:47 pm   #17
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,295
Toronto

I do agree, but like any combat style game, it depends on who you play with I would rarely play randoms online, as most online fights for me will be with friends from here.

Old May. 22nd, '14, 11:43 pm   #18
KT
Jul 2008 5,228
Vancouver, B.C

I watched the Aldo vs Pettis gameplay vid and it looked way too fast paced for me. I'm hoping they do have some gameplay sliders like they have with other EA games. I would be in favor of slowing the movement down a tad, it was like 50 strikes per minute, it was just unrealistic to a certain degree .

Obviously the visuals were outstanding. Regardless, this is a must buy for me.

Edit: But since I only watched one gameplay video I don't know. They were lightweights after all, I'm kind of hoping the heavyweights move like big dopey fucks.

Old May. 22nd, '14, 11:52 pm   #19
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I do agree, but like any combat style game, it depends on who you play with I would rarely play randoms online, as most online fights for me will be with friends from here.
Great point, playing others from XBS would certainly be an improvement.

Edit: The game's complete roster has been released. Keep in mind that there is no "fighter share" option as there has been in previous UFC games and in EA's own Fight Night series. So any fighters added will be DLC.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/05/22...a-sports-ufc-2

Quote:
There are 99 fighters split between 9 divisions. That’s more fighters than THQ’s first attempt at UFC in 2009 but less than they included in the 2010 sequel and Undisputed 3. Keep in mind that those games also had fewer divisions meaning greater depth in those present and other creations like separate Pride versions in the final edition of the franchise before THQ went under.

Though most are a given considering the licensing there are some notable individuals not included. Topping the list are Josh Barnett, Stipe Miocic, Anthony Johnson, Tim Kennedy, Tyron Woodley, Raphael Assuncao, T.J. Dillashaw, and Ali Bagautinov – all of which are ranked in the top half of their respective divisions. Expect many of them, and others, to be offered as DLC later

Last edited by Tougie; May. 23rd, '14 at 8:11 am.
Old May. 23rd, '14, 11:13 am   #20
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,732
Boston

So I followed up with the missus today, to see if she'd received my updated wish list for my birthday and father's day.

(I'm so fucking spoiled)