Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Hockey

Old May. 20th, '15, 2:55 pm   #11
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,998
Toronto

Why is this so important? Because of the players it will help allure here....after next season, his name rhymes with Bampkos.....remember you heard it here first

Old May. 20th, '15, 4:43 pm   #12
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,151
Winnipeg, Manitoba

As it turned out, the extra 8 weeks of spring vacation was too good to pass up.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old May. 21st, '15, 11:24 am   #13
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,659
Boston

I think this is a good move for Babcock as well as the Leafs. He's going to get to test himself while under a microscope in Toronto. If he really wants to be the best coach of his generation, he's put himself in a position to prove that. I wish him luck!

Old May. 21st, '15, 11:29 am   #14
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,998
Toronto

His wife apparently had a big role in the decision too. I hear she loves TO and what it has to offer their family.

P.S. I can't wait until he benches Kessel

Old May. 22nd, '15, 3:22 pm   #15
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
Why is this so important? Because of the players it will help allure here....after next season, his name rhymes with Bampkos.....remember you heard it here first
Unfortunately every delusional blogger from the GTA (and Eklund) beat you to the punch there

Babcock certainly has a lot of work to do. Hard to see this rebuild failing with Shanahan running the show, but you just never know with Toronto.
Old Jul. 23rd, '15, 8:39 pm   #16
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,151
Winnipeg, Manitoba

So... Lou Lamoriello is going to be the new GM.

Hey, if you can't overpay the guys ON the ice...

On the other hand, how pissed are Toronto fans gonna be if they don't get a Cup in the next 5-6 years with all these moves for succesful off-ice leadership?
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jul. 24th, '15, 7:16 am   #17
Tougie
Banned
Jun 2012 1,649
Rockland, ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
So... Lou Lamoriello is going to be the new GM.

Hey, if you can't overpay the guys ON the ice...

On the other hand, how pissed are Toronto fans gonna be if they don't get a Cup in the next 5-6 years with all these moves for succesful off-ice leadership?
Well, 5-6 years might be too soon of a window. This is a full rebuild, or at least it should be. The team that will theoretically challenge for a Cup down the line will be built around Morgan Reilly and others in his age bracket. Hence why Kessel is gone. Kadri and JVR might fall into the same window as well.

Haven't seen too many TML fans upset by the move either. You just brought in perhaps the greatest GM in history. Sure, he's north of 70 at this point, but you can't under value a winner's experience. Toronto's front office is really, really strong at this point. Shannahan, the veteran knowledge and experience of Lou, the young and extremely talented mind of Kyle Dubas? It might not be a question of if they win a Cup within the next 15 years or so, the question could be how many. Now, is that worth the wait for some? Maybe not. But I'd be fairly confident in the group leading the franchise.
Old Aug. 14th, '15, 9:31 am   #18
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,151
Winnipeg, Manitoba

http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-add-lemaire-...staff-1.345495

Jacques Lemaire is now a Leafs assistant coach.

With all these big names from the past coming to Toronto, it might be a matter of time before you see Scotty Bowman, Al Arbour, and the corpse of Hap Day behind Torontos bench trying to make this work.