Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Oct. 11th, '16, 11:10 pm   #1
Blaklash
Stick Puck Leader
Jan 2012 1,254
McLean, Virginia
XBS How to Make Club Games

Hey guys. So you may be asking how we're going to go about challenging each other to begin matches. EA has not only removed the ability to edit the settings like they did last season, but also the ability to use lobbies. There is a work around, although it isn't to our standards.

For now it appears we're gonna have to use new clubs and just use jerseys that look like the representative clubs colors, and we'll just have to build them up from there. I know it's not great, but we don't have much of a choice. EA didn't give us a choice so he we are.

So here's how we're gonna do this. The owners will have to create a club and make a team with the name of XBS (Team Name). Then the club abbreviation will be the city you represent.

So if I was Arizona's owner it would be like this:

Club Name: XBS Coyotes

Club Abbreviation: ARI

Play-by-Play Name: Coyotes

Club Nickname: Yotes or Coyotes

Obviously then they will invite their teammates. Sorry for this guys.

If you want actual jerseys and logos, just start a game for your club with two people and then quit out of the game, 35 times. Just do it as soon as puck drops and that should count.
Old Oct. 12th, '16, 12:44 am   #2
Chew Therapy
#PackItUp

Jul 2012 1,038
Edmonton AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaklash View Post

If you want actual jerseys and logos, just start a game for your club with two people and then quit out of the game, 35 times. Just do it as soon as puck drops and that should count.
Or you know, win 17 or so games lol.
Old Oct. 12th, '16, 6:04 am   #3
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,153
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Hopefully this should get fixed when ea drops their next patch/tuner....But who knows with ea nowadays .

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 8:08 am   #4
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,674
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
Hopefully this should get fixed when ea drops their next patch/tuner....But who knows with ea nowadays .
I was just going to say who knows when that would actually occur, but with the puck drop on the real NHL season, I'm sure they'll have final roster updates and possibly drop a tuner in there as well.

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 9:48 am   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,779
NE of TO

A few of us were talking about this dilemma last night....man, EA really shit the bed on this one.

With the OTP option, I can't believe it's with NHL players. Does anyone really play that?

All EA has to do is move that option into the EASHL platform.

Knowing EA, they'll probably have this problem "fixed" for NHL 18 and say it's a brand new feature.

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 9:55 am   #6
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,779
NE of TO

The other option we thought of last night, was to use existing clubs. For example, the club I'm on is at level 32 or 33 (at 35 we get our BIG rink. yay!)....so we can change our jersey's to whatever we want as they are all unlocked. I would be open to use this as our club team and just change the team info (aside from the club name because you can't) to Tampa Bay and use their jerseys.

A lot of guys are on clubs already and if we all leave to XBS clubs, no one will be there and the team will be deleted. I think guys have put a lot of work into some clubs and don't want to just throw them away.

Just my 2 cents here.

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 10:11 am   #7
allthway
Master
May 2014 616

I know my belief in ice tilt is sometimes frowned upon, but I think club level can effect those "in game bounces".

Focus on winning too much
Old Oct. 12th, '16, 10:28 am   #8
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,126
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthway View Post
I know my belief in ice tilt is sometimes frowned upon, but I think club level can effect those "in game bounces".
If that is the case, we would only be allowed to use these clubs for league matches?

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 10:35 am   #9
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,779
NE of TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthway View Post
I'm pretty sure I've heard Rammer (the developer) say on multiple occasions there is no such thing as ice tilt Momentum, perhaps but that would be based on the current game and how's it's being played, but not ice tilt based on the team level.

Old Oct. 12th, '16, 10:55 am   #10
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,126
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I'm pretty sure I've heard Rammer (the developer) say on multiple occasions there is no such thing as ice tilt Momentum, perhaps but that would be based on the current game and how's it's being played, but not ice tilt based on the team level.

Last edited by SoulControlla99; Oct. 12th, '16 at 11:01 am.