XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Graphics Help

Old Aug. 6th, '08, 7:50 pm   #11
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatingPenguin View Post
Juji thanks again.. it looks much better now! There was no feathering involved. I guess the trim is similar to feather?

Just a note on your tutorial. There wasnt a screen of your bevel and emboss settings just the drop shadow. I just left it standard anyways, but wanted to let you know.

One question is how to you make the avatar change between 2 different ones etc?
Trim and Feather are different things. Trim (the way I did it) just removes any of the dead area around the image. Feathering isn't always needed, it's usually only needed to put one image onto another. You can usually tell when a picture is pasted onto another one unless some sort of blending (like Feather) is used. There are several ways to accomplish blending a picture into another, but using Feather is the easiest.

As for the missing Bevel and Emboss settings, is that in this tutorial or the Serif Photoplus tut? I can look I guess, but I see it in this one.

*EDIT* Nevermind, it looks like it's missing on the border layer.

Last edited by jujimum; Aug. 6th, '08 at 7:53 pm.
Old Aug. 6th, '08, 8:45 pm   #12
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,194
Toronto

Wow, this thread is amazing. Thanks Juji for posting this. I might just have to try this out when I can get the time.

Old Aug. 6th, '08, 10:44 pm   #13
SkatingPenguin
Not bad for 1.5 mil eh?

Jun 2008 2,734
Toronto, Ontario
Send a message via MSN to SkatingPenguin

Juji.. any word on how to do animation between two avatars?

Scott you like my avatar don't you! you want one just like it? LOL
Old Aug. 7th, '08, 1:41 am   #14
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatingPenguin View Post
Juji.. any word on how to do animation between two avatars?
Oh yeah, I ignored that question because I didn't feel like describing how to do it.

You probably have a newer version of Photoshop than I do so I can't help you there. I use ImageReady and from what I understand, the new Photoshops have the animation tool "built-in" already and don't use ImageReady anymore.

Maybe someone with a newer version of Photoshop can help you.
Old Aug. 11th, '08, 6:21 pm   #15
Decade
For your health!

Aug 2008 1,194
Winnipeg, MB
Send a message via MSN to Decade Send a message via Skype™ to Decade

Nice tutorial!
Old Nov. 20th, '08, 3:22 pm   #16
Synyster Diablo

Jul 2008 4,795

Well I got Photoshop CS2 for free, my first step toward understanding the program but with the help of Juji's tutorial and Pixels help with some techniques I came up with this signature...

Great tutorial Juji and thanks for the help Pixel... :thumbups:
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Samuel Johnson
Old Nov. 20th, '08, 3:31 pm   #17
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolute View Post
Well I got Photoshop CS2 for free,
Lucky You're going to be SO happy with Photoshop though. The filters alone are enough to love the program when you're first learning it.

Have fun and as I've said numerous times already, experiment and play around. Don't be scared.

One thing I'd recommend, and it's something many people first starting out don't know, is the outer glow you used around the player can be changed. You don't have to be stuck with that ugly yellow (no offense) color. When you're in the Outer Glow area of the layer options, click on the ugly yellow color and you can choose any color.

Once you click the yellow box to choose a color, you can either use the eyedropper to pick a color or type one in. If you wanted white, type FFFFFF where the # sign is...assuming it's similar in your version. If you want the red from the jersey, move the layer options window to where you can see the jersey and click on it

Hope that makes sense and helps. As I said, no offense to the color you chose, but I have a feeling you chose it because it's the default. pixel and I have talked about that color before :thumb_down:
Old Nov. 20th, '08, 3:45 pm   #18
Synyster Diablo

Jul 2008 4,795

Thanks for the tip... I wanted to change that color but forgot how too... Lot's more options than PhotPlus

Edited Version
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Samuel Johnson
Old Nov. 20th, '08, 3:50 pm   #19
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolute View Post
Thanks for the tip... I wanted to change that color but forgot how too... Lot's more options than PhotPlus
Ridiculous by comparison.

Here's another tutorial about cutting things out. There are several ways of cutting things out, but this is one of my favorites. While it might be different for your version of PhotoShop, it should give you a rough idea on quick masking.

http://www.grafx-design.com/12photo.html

*EDIT* Personally, I do the opposite of the tutorial and paint what I want to keep. Then, when I exit quick mask, I reverse the selection.

Last edited by jujimum; Nov. 20th, '08 at 3:52 pm.
Old Jul. 25th, '09, 11:29 pm   #20
xJoeThornton19x
SENS ARMY
Jul 2008 1,277
ON

Just did this tutorial. That was my first Photoshop experience and it was great. When you first open up Photoshop, there's so many buttons and applications - it's so discouraging. I finished this in just under an hour and now I can't wait to do one of my own.

Thanks a lot for this Juji.