Old Nov. 14th, '12, 1:44 pm   #11
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfsjljklgjfg View Post
I can echo you on that. I never got halfway through GTA3 or IV. I just get so bored with it, and I find it incredibly repetetive.
But you play Assassin's Creed...hmm. To each their own
Old Nov. 14th, '12, 2:06 pm   #12
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,233
Toronto

Wowser.....some cool info here (Yeah KT, 3.5 times larger than Red Dead)

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/1...ow-about-gta-v

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/1...world-rulebook

Since I play games more for the multiplayer aspect, this sounds promising...

"As far as multiplayer, Rockstar wasn’t prepared to discuss much, but promised a new take on it for GTA V. No, the story won’t be co-op, but the separate mode should be interesting, according to Houser, whose full interview you can catch Friday on IGN.

“I believe this one will be the best we've delivered yet, the most comprehensive package and the best set of things you can do and ways you can organize and try to make it compelling,” he said. “We think there's something very compelling about open world multiplayer. We believe this is the game with which we will finally convince other people of that, a large number of other people. We just need to get closer before we're quite ready to show it.”

Old Nov. 14th, '12, 3:00 pm   #13
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

My problem with these games is that they have so much hype, I get excited and buy it day one, but after a couple weeks it seems like the same old crap. As transcendent as GTA 2 was the formula hasn't changed much, it is just in a prettier package. Just not the game for me but for those that love the genre there seems to be a lot to like.

Old Nov. 16th, '12, 11:25 am   #14
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,119
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrc View Post
My buddy pointed out that almost every GTA protagonist is the same, criminal or troubled life, now they want to get straight, but get dragged back into it again. And it's true, but I'm a big GTA sucker lol, I'll definitely have this on release date.
Well they want a bad ass guy but he can't be a bad guy. If you were trying to increase your drug empire by getting more kids hooked on meth, people might object.

And Scott, GTA games have the WORST multiplayer games EVER. Although I guess it's not that bad if you turn your headset down and don't listen to the biggest f#&$tards in gaming. GTA IV multiplayer was just atrocious.
Old Nov. 16th, '12, 11:39 am   #15
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,562
Canada

Can't wait for this, I always enjoy the story and all the side stuff you can do in GTA games but once I beat it once, I can never seem to get back into it, no matter what anyway says about the replayability of GTA games.
Old Nov. 16th, '12, 12:23 pm   #16
kdfsjljklgjfg
Jul 2008 1,984
Austin, TX
Send a message via AIM to kdfsjljklgjfg Send a message via Skype™ to kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrc View Post
But you play Assassin's Creed...hmm. To each their own
I just feel like there's so much more to do, and so many more ways to do it in AC. To me, GTA seems to take away the sandbox once you're locked in a mission, and there becomes only one path to do things.

Mr. Utility
Old Nov. 17th, '12, 4:27 pm   #17
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfsjljklgjfg View Post
I just feel like there's so much more to do, and so many more ways to do it in AC. To me, GTA seems to take away the sandbox once you're locked in a mission, and there becomes only one path to do things.
I tend to agree. There is a reason why I complete the AC games but never make it to even 40% in GTA. The last one with the stupid cellphone that goes off every 2 minutes drove me insane.

I will definitely be buying GTA but they need to give people space who don't want to run a mission right away.
Old Nov. 17th, '12, 4:58 pm   #18
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
The last one with the stupid cellphone that goes off every 2 minutes drove me insane.
That times INFINITY!

I've made several posts about the same thing and have mentioned how my brother and I absolutely hated that thing.

Honestly, I don't play a ton of games but that was one of the worst "additions" that I know of. Actually, it's the worst and it was most definitely a game killer for me.

The rest of the game wasn't too bad and it's actually something I enjoyed. Big open world, tons of collectibles, tons of side missions, etc. The problem was, you weren't ever allowed time to enjoy it. The thing that made it even worse was that you basically HAD to take the call. By missing the call you lost out on a bunch of perks and even made enemies that should've been allies. Way too much pressure. Took all the fun out of exploring for sure. As soon as you got into a new part of the city, rrrrriiiiiinnnnggg! Then you had to fly across town (don't bump a car on the way) or you risk losing your friend.

And that phone had to ring almost every 5 minutes. Even better was when you were in the middle of a mission and the phone would fucking ring. Seriously?

Everything I've seen about GTA 5 looks incredible but having only played the one game and not even getting close to finishing it, I'm waiting to hear if there will be a cell phone like the last game. I can't imagine there were only a few people annoyed by that feature.

The game isn't even projected to be out until May 2013 if it's even going to be on the 360 and not the next 'box.

I will always prefer the ridiculousness of the Saint's Row games. The humor is what makes those games fun and entertaining. Plus, you can play for hours and not do a damn thing.

As far as GTA's multiplayer goes, it was fun but didn't have any lasting appeal by any means. We had some laughs but you couldn't play very long and almost everyone quit playing two weeks after release. I don't get sold on stuff anymore thankfully. Basically a game has to appeal to me as a single player game or it has to be a game that I know a bunch of friends will be playing for a few months at least. Even games like Halo I don't always see a lasting appeal.
Old Nov. 17th, '12, 5:15 pm   #19
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,557
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

Ya Saints Row 3 was a blast even if I beat in like 1 week. I am definitely getting GTA 5. I already pre-ordered it for $40.

CAnnot wait.
Old Nov. 17th, '12, 6:21 pm   #20
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,165
Winnipeg, Manitoba

GTA multiplayer is fun - with friends, not strangers. You can play helicopter tag - jump out of the chopper and try to splat on top of your unsuspecting friends!

But that can be said of most games - playing with strangers is horrible. I don't think teenage Xbox gamers are able to get through a sentence without 2 slurs and 2 swears.

I'll be getting it. Going on rampages in the other games was cathartic after work pissed me off.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne