Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Electronics > Gadgets and Other

Old Dec. 8th, '14, 2:01 pm   #1
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg
Default New TV Help

Well I figure I might as well get into the holiday spirit and buy myself a new TV. I currently have a 42" Sharp Aquos LCD that I bought back in 2008. It is 1080p and still works great, however, it is only 60Hz and I am wanting an upgrade. I REALLY enjoy my Sharp and am leaning towards buying a new Aquos.

I know the 4Ks are out in force now but I think I just want to go the LED route at this time. What are your guys' suggestions/tips? I don't know a whole lot about TVs, I just know that I would like a 55-60" and preferably 120Hz (or 240Hz?). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I was currently looking at for $897.00;

Amazon.com: Sharp LC-60LE660 60-Inch Aquos 1080p... Amazon.com: Sharp LC-60LE660 60-Inch Aquos 1080p...
Old Dec. 8th, '14, 4:57 pm   #2
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 441
Warren, MI

The Aquos is a nice TV, my brother in law just bought that exact one and enjoys it so far. I personally have a bias towards Samsung screens, in my opinion they are the best looking ones but usually more expensive.

Looks like this edge lit one runs the same price with the same features:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN60H6...rds=samsung+60
Old Dec. 9th, '14, 2:40 pm   #3
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Yea that looks nice as well. After comparing both it looks like the Samsung has gotten better reviews (on Amazon and Best Buy). I have had zero issues with my current Sharp Aquos but am a little turned off from some of the reviews I have read on this new one since it has all been for the same thing. I might pull the trigger on the Samsung. My Dad is pushing me towards Sony but I honestly am not a fan of that company.
Old Dec. 21st, '14, 6:37 pm   #4
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy

Little hiccup on this whole TV thing. Does anyone know of any store or website that will ship TVs to APO addresses? I have found the TV I want but am having trouble finding a way to ship it to myself.
Old Dec. 21st, '14, 10:09 pm   #5
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latdogg View Post
Little hiccup on this whole TV thing. Does anyone know of any store or website that will ship TVs to APO addresses? I have found the TV I want but am having trouble finding a way to ship it to myself.
Amazon does but not all televisions are eligible or so they say. Apparently you can try to get it and it'll give an error message if it isn't eligible. Sony also recommended APObox.com as a third party to receive items. May want to check them out.

Old Dec. 22nd, '14, 11:51 am   #6
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
Amazon does but not all televisions are eligible or so they say. Apparently you can try to get it and it'll give an error message if it isn't eligible. Sony also recommended APObox.com as a third party to receive items. May want to check them out.
Awesome, I will check out that website, hopefully that will be what I'm looking for. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Dec. 25th, '14, 1:36 am   #7
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latdogg View Post
Awesome, I will check out that website, hopefully that will be what I'm looking for. Thanks for the heads up.
Any luck?

Old Jan. 3rd, '15, 12:30 pm   #8
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon77 View Post
Any luck?
Unfortunately, no. I registered and when I inquired about the product I was trying to purchase (60" TV, shipping weight 72 lbs) they replied and told me they would be unable to send it to me due to USPS regulations. I guess I'm out of luck in the TV department. I could buy a TV here but they are way overpriced and also if I ever come back to the USA it wont work.
Old Jan. 3rd, '15, 1:27 pm   #9
TexGoBlue
Picking up the garbage!

Jun 2012 441
Warren, MI

Was it size limitations or just the weight?
Old Jan. 3rd, '15, 6:38 pm   #10
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,761
Fontanafredda, Italy

I believe it was just the weight. Looking at their site I see it says 70 lbs. is the maximum.