Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Jun. 25th, '16, 5:42 am   #21
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Argh! You bastards I just finished Season 3 and was happily reading the Season 3 thread here. And then BAM! Season 4 spoiler out of the blue

*sigh* Season 2 and Season 3 both had incredible 9th episodes and then the final was lacking by comparison. Obviously they both set things up for the next season but just kind of odd.

Season 3's 9th episode was a "holy shit" moment for me. And judging by what I read in the other thread, it was for a lot of you as well

So I'll probably be avoiding this thread for a while considering the Season 6 finale is tomorrow night. I'm halfway there I guess
I will ensure to use spoiler tags! But yea, usually it always seems like Episode 9 is always the "best" episode and the finale sets stuff up for the next season. Either way I'm stoked for the finale tomorrow!!
Old Jun. 25th, '16, 5:54 am   #22
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,088
Winnipeg, Manitoba

If you really want to trip yourself out, begin rewatching the entire series from the beginning after you're all caught up. I'm nearing the end of season 1 and I am astounded at the amount of subtle foreshadowing they snuck into the show, stuff that you don't really notice but with context some scenes feel way more powerful.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 25th, '16, 1:58 pm   #23
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
If you really want to trip yourself out, begin rewatching the entire series from the beginning after you're all caught up. I'm nearing the end of season 1 and I am astounded at the amount of subtle foreshadowing they snuck into the show, stuff that you don't really notice but with context some scenes feel way more powerful.
I like to see how some of the, what seems to me are, insignificant things that set larger things in motion. Hard to explain and I can't really think of examples but I'm talking about something little that determined someone's fate/destiny/whatever. As of right now, I feel like some haven't quite happened yet so they are just assumptions. One weak example is Robb meeting Talisa. I say weak because that one wasn't really insignificant but I used it because it was somewhat nothing that turned into something (wording myself carefully though I'm probably not spoiling anything for anyone here, lol).

And I guess that could go into foreshadowing a bit but yeah, even just watching a few episodes and then reading the recaps I have many moments of, "Aaah, alright. That's interesting."

Lat, no worries, I need to be more careful being that I'm YEARS behind all of this, lol. The Season 4 in the Season 3 thread sneaked up on me and I should've realized there isn't a Season 4 thread here. And the spoiler isn't completely known to me it just made me have a guess at what I think it might be. I like reading everyone's thoughts as I catch up. I don't really talk to people in real life so it's nice to see what some of my "friends" here think/thought
Old Jun. 27th, '16, 11:47 pm   #24
kdfsjljklgjfg
Jul 2008 1,929
Austin, TX
Send a message via AIM to kdfsjljklgjfg Send a message via Skype™ to kdfsjljklgjfg

Upon conclusion of the season, all I have to say is this:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM
Mr. Utility
Old Jun. 28th, '16, 4:42 am   #25
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfsjljklgjfg View Post
Upon conclusion of the season, all I have to say is this:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM
Click here to see full text
This is the first time in the series I thought the finale was better than episode 9. I was on the edge of my seat the whole 70 minutes! The opening scene was amazing, had a perfect somber feel to it. I had a feeling Cercei was going to blow the sept up but did not expect Lord Mace Tyrell, Margaery Tyrell, or Ser Loras Tyrell to be inside. I was sad to see all three of them die. King Tommen was a shock to me as well. I knew he was going to die but I had no idea it would be a suicide.

The big Jon Snow reveal was a bit odd to me. They all but confirmed the R+L=J theory, however, they left just enough uncertainty to keep that sliver of unknowing in all of our heads. That should keep the theorists stewing for the next year.

Finally, I do not trust Petyr Baelish. He always has a scheme and I'm nervous to see what his next move will be. I'm hoping Sansa has enough sense to take care of him before he causes problems. That would make Lord Yohn Royce quite hapy I'm sure.
Old Jun. 28th, '16, 6:17 am   #26
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,088
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I thought it was the best finale yet. I enjoyed almost every bit, but it left me with a few concerns...

So... we already saw more than enough of people getting across the world in an episode or two, after enduring 5 years of Khaleesi/Arya/Barristan/etc taking a whole season or more to get someplace... but apparently Varys can get from Mereen to Dorne and back in 12 mimutes. Weird.

Bran is a plot device and not a character. I hope that changes.

Dany naming Tyrion the Hand of the Queen might be the first time they successfully played up the fact she's a young inexperienced girl. I was never a fan of her but this scene was remarkably well done.

All hail the bastard! But why was he so impotent in the face of finding out Melisandre is a child murderer by proxy?

A girl got hers, and validated 3 years of bullcrap story.

But honestly the blowing up of the Sept was the biggest shocker in forever for me. As soon as I saw the green barrels I thought "bitch, s'wrong with you???" I also dont see how she gets to succeed her son. Honestly, based on that last scene I foresee Jaime being forced to put his own sister down.

The season may have started particularly slow for my tastes, but the last half operated at breakneck speed and I loved it. I feel like there isn't much story left to tell, however.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jun. 28th, '16, 9:12 am   #27
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,547
Boston

Maybe it's because we're beyond the books now, or maybe it's the mix of predictions coming true or proving false. Whatever it was, the final episode of this season was absolutely incredible. I can't wait for next season!
When life knocks you down, get back up, smile, and politely say, "You hit like a bitch".
Old Jun. 29th, '16, 1:46 am   #28
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleyarms83 View Post
I thought it was the best finale yet. I enjoyed almost every bit, but it left me with a few concerns...

So... we already saw more than enough of people getting across the world in an episode or two, after enduring 5 years of Khaleesi/Arya/Barristan/etc taking a whole season or more to get someplace... but apparently Varys can get from Mereen to Dorne and back in 12 mimutes. Weird.

Bran is a plot device and not a character. I hope that changes.

Dany naming Tyrion the Hand of the Queen might be the first time they successfully played up the fact she's a young inexperienced girl. I was never a fan of her but this scene was remarkably well done.

All hail the bastard! But why was he so impotent in the face of finding out Melisandre is a child murderer by proxy?

A girl got hers, and validated 3 years of bullcrap story.

But honestly the blowing up of the Sept was the biggest shocker in forever for me. As soon as I saw the green barrels I thought "bitch, s'wrong with you???" I also dont see how she gets to succeed her son. Honestly, based on that last scene I foresee Jaime being forced to put his own sister down.

The season may have started particularly slow for my tastes, but the last half operated at breakneck speed and I loved it. I feel like there isn't much story left to tell, however.
I really do not get why the internet is complaining about people "teleporting". I don't find it that difficult to comprehend that time passes by. I don't feel like Game of Thrones needs to put a "3 months later" screen within an episode. Clearly it took Varys a long time to meet back up with Dany. That is evident by the fact that all the sails are re-painted and her ships hull reconstructed. Plus it would have taken them a long time to outfit all of those ships with rations and equipment.

As for my Season 7 guess; I think they are going to take the bulk of the fleet up to the Iron Islands and start there. I just don't expect to see Cercei ousted at the beginning of the season.
Old Jun. 29th, '16, 8:59 am   #29
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,106
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

Hands down the best season by far for me.

Old Jun. 29th, '16, 6:57 pm   #30
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,101
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Don't be bitter about spoilers Juji. everyone dies. The only spoilers are the sequence in which everyone goes (and who comes back from the dead). In the end, the whitewalkers will kill the puny humans and the Iron Throne will become irrelevant.