Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old May. 23rd, '16, 5:55 am   #1
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg
Default Game of Thrones - Season 6

Anyone watching this stuff? I'm loving it!

Click here to see full text
How about this latest episode? We got to learn the origin of the White Walkers as well as see why Hodor is Hodor. Truly sad. I also was sad to see yet another direwolf die, as well as what could have been the remaining Children of the Forest. I'm hoping that in the next episode Coldhands (from the books) shows up to protect Meera and Bran.
Old May. 23rd, '16, 7:47 am   #2
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,604
Boston

Thanks for using the spoiler tag!

I watched the episode last night and came away feeling much the way you do.

Old May. 23rd, '16, 12:26 pm   #3
Zaunbie

Jan 2013 442
Halifax Nova Scotia

HOLD THE DOOR! Great episode, it tied a whole bunch of stuff together. I think the Targaryen in the tree, three eyed raven, must have been fucking with the mad king if we now know that some people can hear them. Like when Bran yelled out for his dad and he heard him, the three eyed raven must have been young and fucked with the king similar to how Bran fucked up.
Old May. 24th, '16, 1:25 am   #4
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,115
Winnipeg, Manitoba

That dumb fat fuck made me cry.

But I had issues with the other scenes:
Littlefinger and Sansa's confrontation felt overly contrived. She even says it - if he didn't know about Ramsay, he's an idiot, and if he did, he's an enemy. I can buy that it's all just part of the Baelish plan, but after what she just went through, Sansa giving him another opening to fuck everything up is just wrong.

And also, Tyrion knows goddamn well what happened to Stannis. There is zero logic in his decision.

Oh, and the show gave us the best new pair of tits we've seen in a few seasons now. Far superior to CGI Daenarys.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old May. 24th, '16, 4:55 am   #5
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I just can't believe it was the Children of the Forest that not only created White Walkers, but also brought the winter. The scene where they created the White Walker (it was all green and nice) compared to the same location in the present day covered in snow was harrowing.
Old May. 24th, '16, 10:33 am   #6
Nexus510
XBS Technician
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

I don't think they created the winter. Its just that time during which this happened was a summer-ish time. Seasons can last up to a decade in GoT apparently which is why we've really seen nothing but winter in the North.

Last edited by Nexus510; May. 24th, '16 at 10:41 am.
Old Jun. 13th, '16, 3:30 am   #7
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

So, I like that you guys have a thread for each season (starting with 2) of Game of Thrones because once I get there, I can read each season's thread. Since there isn't a Season 1 thread though, I figured I'd bump this one instead of the much older seasons.

As I said quite a while back, I was going to attempt watching this at some point. That point has begun (and I know y'all love hearing my opinions on things )

As I had predicted, I'm having some trouble following some of the show. Quotes from another thread below and I'll elaborate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
GoT might be the next show I attempt. I'm usually not good at following movies that have 'factions" or whatever you want to call them. A good example is The Lord of the Rings movies. I have so much trouble following who/what they're talking about But I will attempt GoT at some point. Not before I finish Breaking Bad for sure though. I'm over halfway through. Around 29 more episodes ;chuckle:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latdogg View Post
There are only two factions you need to follow in GoT; The North and the rest of the world. FOR THE NORTH!
Quote:
Well, if there's more than one person and their names aren't Joe, Steve, Rick, etc. that confuses me too I tried to watch the second Hobbit movie the other night and I was utterly confused. Watched the first one not following it at all.
So I am enjoying it as best I can. I think I just finished the 8th episode of Season 1.

When I said about "factions" and "names" above, that has affected me. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer so FOR ME it is hard to follow. Not impossible though, I'm just missing a lot of things. I think part of it is I just can't stay focused anymore and, well...I'm an idiot I guess

What I have been doing though is watching an episode or two and then reading the Game of Thrones Wiki episode recaps right after. Some things I've missed are little and some I had no idea that it was possibly a key moment.

One of the small things (that I guess is kind of big) is that I still have a tough time differing between Robb Stark and Jon Snow by appearance. I'm getting better and knowing their locations is helping.

Some of the bigger things are I just don't know who's who at all. Even reading the recaps I have to click on the name links and then I'm all, "Oh, that one" and then continue reading I think I was 3-4 episodes in and didn't even know one of the major character's name. There is one guy that I'm absolutely confused about which leads me to my next point (not going to mention who because I'll figure out and don't want spoilers). And the biggest problem I have watching these types of shows/movies is that when they talk about the past or things that I didn't actually see. Ugh, I'm completely lost. The recaps fill in all of those holes for me and that's really where I notice the difference in the little things I'm missing and major story lines I'm completely missing I just never have done well with these types no matter how hard I try. I also sucked in school so I think I have an attention problem

I'm kind of repeating myself I think so really I'm just saying It's a struggle to follow for me, but I am enjoying it and have a hard time stopping. I think I just rolled through 3 episodes and at 3:30 in the morning I debated on watching a fourth. Instead, I'll read the three recaps
Old Jun. 13th, '16, 8:58 pm   #8
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy

Quote:
So, I like that you guys have a thread for each season (starting with 2) of Game of Thrones because once I get there, I can read each season's thread. Since there isn't a Season 1 thread though, I figured I'd bump this one instead of the much older seasons.

As I said quite a while back, I was going to attempt watching this at some point. That point has begun (and I know y'all love hearing my opinions on things )

As I had predicted, I'm having some trouble following some of the show. Quotes from another thread below and I'll elaborate:

So I am enjoying it as best I can. I think I just finished the 8th episode of Season 1.

When I said about "factions" and "names" above, that has affected me. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer so FOR ME it is hard to follow. Not impossible though, I'm just missing a lot of things. I think part of it is I just can't stay focused anymore and, well...I'm an idiot I guess

What I have been doing though is watching an episode or two and then reading the Game of Thrones Wiki episode recaps right after. Some things I've missed are little and some I had no idea that it was possibly a key moment.

One of the small things (that I guess is kind of big) is that I still have a tough time differing between Robb Stark and Jon Snow by appearance. I'm getting better and knowing their locations is helping.

Some of the bigger things are I just don't know who's who at all. Even reading the recaps I have to click on the name links and then I'm all, "Oh, that one" and then continue reading I think I was 3-4 episodes in and didn't even know one of the major character's name. There is one guy that I'm absolutely confused about which leads me to my next point (not going to mention who because I'll figure out and don't want spoilers). And the biggest problem I have watching these types of shows/movies is that when they talk about the past or things that I didn't actually see. Ugh, I'm completely lost. The recaps fill in all of those holes for me and that's really where I notice the difference in the little things I'm missing and major story lines I'm completely missing I just never have done well with these types no matter how hard I try. I also sucked in school so I think I have an attention problem

I'm kind of repeating myself I think so really I'm just saying It's a struggle to follow for me, but I am enjoying it and have a hard time stopping. I think I just rolled through 3 episodes and at 3:30 in the morning I debated on watching a fourth. Instead, I'll read the three recaps
The show only gets better after Season 1! I understand how the show might be hard to watch as there is a LOT of lore and history that goes back way before the start of the show. It's explained better and in more depth in the books, the show is more brief. Good on you for reading the wiki recaps, that should help you get more familiar with characters.
Old Jun. 13th, '16, 10:06 pm   #9
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,778
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latdogg View Post
there is a LOT of lore and history that goes back way before the start of the show
"lore and history", perfect way of saying it. No way I could read the books if my attention span can't even handle the shows So yeah, the wiki recaps are working for me. I think it makes me appreciate the show better. I've had to do this with The Avengers and other types of movies so I'm used to it. Helps me understand the hype around these things as I usually am thinking, "It was OK." Then I read the background stuff and get it.

I won't be bumping these threads as I go through the series (or I'll try not to ), but I just finished Episode 9 of Season 1 and wow. I knew going in that there are shocking things in the show but I just witnessed my first major one that I wasn't prepared for at all.
Old Jun. 14th, '16, 2:05 am   #10
SoulControlla99
{ { { { BACON } } } }

Dec 2008 5,125
Portland, OR
Send a message via MSN to SoulControlla99

Don't bother learning people's names Juji. There's a 50/50 shot they'll be dead by the end of each season anyway.