Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > General Banter

Old Apr. 15th, '12, 5:15 am   #61
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,081
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I guess it's only been 2 years for me, but some of you guys I've been playing with for up to 5 years now. Crazy how time flies. If noting else, thanks for the memories, and here's to many more to come.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Apr. 15th, '12, 10:07 am   #62
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

I feel old, MGM must feel dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Apr. 15th, '12, 10:57 pm   #63
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,477
Canada

I remember this thread.....TY for making this place what it is.

Peace

Site > League > Team > Self
Old Apr. 15th, '12, 11:18 pm   #64
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,477
Canada

Weird

Old Apr. 16th, '12, 8:36 am   #65
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,616
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
I feel old, MGM must feel dead
LOVE IT!!!! Considering Mike is older than dirt.
Old Nov. 1st, '13, 11:41 pm   #66
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,769
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsonfire View Post
Well put Rip, pixel knew what he was doing when he promoted you to a mod, this is what makes this site the best, people like Rip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
Just to make sure I don't get too much credit... although I fully supported Rips promotion to mod status 100%, it wasn't entirely my doing. In fact, the idea was brought up by jujimum.
Rip, please accept my apologies

To be honest, I always looked up this thread before each new season of the XBSHL started. I know it goes for all leagues and interaction here, but I specifically looked for it as an XBSHL Commissioner. So I've read it MANY times.

Now that DrugMonkey linked to it, I read it fro the first time this season. And I went through and read all the replies as well. Loved reading them Really liked seeing how many of "us" are still around. Especially those that talked THEN about how long they'd been here

Also, it needed a bump even though it's been linked to in another thread.
Old Nov. 2nd, '13, 11:28 am   #67
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,477
Canada

.....No worries juji......Oh ya I think I don't think I have commented on your great game in net this week against us.......nice work back there.

Thanks for linking this Mark.....I have reread it and....and so odd.....we lost two of our pillars of the football crew and it just isn't the same.....now we only seem to get out every third week or so and we also let the weather impact if we play or not....that was never the case for the past 15 years.....of well....things change.

I have had to bang heads with a few guys over the past couple of years and rereading this thread sure helped me put some of those horrible feelings you (well at least me) get when you have ask another grown man to shift some of their actions.....it is never easy and this sure reconfirms why I felt then,....and still do today....... think it is so important for guys to "GET IT" or just move on from the site.

Guys (we do need a revamped Vets list... ) really have put and continue to put a lot of work into maintaining their leisure gaming environment here at XBS....that is very special and I can't thank you all enough for that. I mean because of what people have done here, I get to be a part of a place where I can play a league game against someone one night and then bust their chops in the forums the next day......then play a pick up game WITH them the next night....I absolutely love that.

Peace

Old Nov. 2nd, '13, 5:31 pm   #68
Blackzyuk
The Band is Back
Aug 2011 2,142
New Bedford
Send a message via MSN to Blackzyuk Send a message via AIM to Blackzyuk

Loved reading this. great post!
Old Nov. 2nd, '13, 8:51 pm   #69
MGM

Jun 2008 1,866