Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Mar. 3rd, '19, 12:59 pm   #1
MentisHQ
Jan 2019 28
Syracuse, NY
Default XBSHL Weekly Recap - Week Seven

Hey Everyone!

We head into the final week of the season after what has been a crazy season, to say the least. We've seen high flyers in the first few weeks fall and, as recently as two weeks ago, teams who could have called it quits surged up into nearly locking a playoff spot.

As we do, we'll recap the previous week with Top 5 Goals, Top 5 Hits, and Top 5 Saves. Before I put the video below, I just wanted to point out a few things about this project currently and going forward.

Reviewing these submissions are tough - not only because of the time it requires to find, download, or clip, but also because reviewing them to determine their place on the list. I just wanted to keep folks aware of how I go about determining the order. First, it's contingent on the number of clips I receive. I don't want to throw a Top 10 together just because I received only 10 clips; I like to chop it down to give this segment some thought. You'll notice lately I've been going Top 5 for this very reason. It isn't that your clips aren't good, it's just I want to have some disparity on the reel. Secondly, I like to take circumstance and context to some of these clips. A goal at number two may not look like much, but think of the ramifications. For instance you will see the number one highlight this week as one that may not seem all that great, but there are three (3) factors that went into determining it. I won't go into detail, but just know it's not about how pretty it is - because it really is hard to get a lot of those with a stout league defensively -but why it's such an important clip.

With that said, I will continue to produce two (2) videos for rest of the season. This will include Week Eight and a Yearly Recap after the season (including playoffs) has concluded.

As always I'm always looking forward to your comments and even critiques; I want this to be enjoyable for everyone so as long as you like seeing it, I love doing it. Now let's get to the video and have a great Week Eight! OH - AND AS ALWAYS, WATCH UNTIL THE END!

XBSHL Weekly Recap - Week Seven

Old Mar. 3rd, '19, 1:08 pm   #2
Moarty
Sep 2018 115

Penguins all overrrr that video. Thanks Mentis that was great. I love the Kabbot parts

Old Mar. 3rd, '19, 3:49 pm   #3
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,762
Pittsburgh, PA

Hahahah hilarious video man. Thanks for these!

Old Mar. 3rd, '19, 9:45 pm   #4
LayNher
Recruiting Coordinator

Mar 2016 439
Florida

Good work. Thanks for doing this.

Old Mar. 4th, '19, 10:32 am   #5
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,311

Great job with these! Thanks for doing this every week. Great stuff!

Old Mar. 4th, '19, 10:38 am   #6
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,432
Toronto

Great job Mentis, love these soooooo much. I just have to remember to keep sending in the clips

Old Mar. 4th, '19, 1:17 pm   #7
Makakk88
Just Joe

May 2011 1,264

Lmao yep, great work Mentis, loved that Kab-hits part !!

Old Mar. 4th, '19, 2:36 pm   #8
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,887
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Love the kab-hits, but do we really need to inflate his head any further?

Bravo on another awesome recap.