Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old Feb. 17th, '19, 3:01 pm   #1
chalupa_battman
Nov 2018 36
Holland, Ohio
Default XBS 3 Stars: Week 5

Week 5 is in the books and it’s time for the 3 Stars of the Week!! The playoff race is starting to heat up and I think we’ve already started to feel the tone of games change. There were a lot of guys that kicked it into high gear this week and I can’t wait for the final three weeks of the season. With that, there were a few performances this week that were awesome, but I just don’t have enough stars to hand out. My honorable mentions go to LayNher (G, Ducks), Larder97 (F, Leafs) and Burnzie79 (F, Oilers). LayNher had a GAA of 1.25, 0.907 save percentage and a shutout this week. Larder was a victim of circumstance as 12 goals and 6 assists in 6 games probably would have earned him a star in any other week. The last goes to Burnzie79 who was traded in the middle of his two-week vacation and returned to a new team to post 17 points, a +10 and 67 hits.

Also, I’d like to give an extra special shoutout to fresh1 of the Oilers this week. He’s been a good sport about accidentally scoring the only goal of a tough fought game against the Penguins… that happened to be in the wrong net. womp, womp.

Well then, time for the 3-Stars so pitter patter let’s get at’er!

VIBE Beats
Buffalo Sabres
[ Forward | 6gp | 18g | 8a | 26pts ] - [ Week Record | 5-0-1 ]

18 goals in 6 games… ridiculous. Vibe comes roaring back this week after last capturing the first-star of the season. He also chipped in with 8 assists (T-5th) for a total of 26 points! Not surprisingly, the Sabres were 5-0-1 in the games he played, which was critical for them as they fight for a playoff spot. I tried to find his “best” performance, but they were all great. If I had to pick one it would be Tuesday night against the Ducks where he had 4 goals and 2 assists in a 6-1 win against the top team in the league. I’ll have to send a thank you card to the Sabres on behalf of the Western Conference for being the first team to win both games in a night against the Ducks this season. Easily the first-star of the week and I’d like to add that I literally LOL’d when I opened up the weekly stats and saw his line.

Thamps
Edmonton Oilers
[ Forward | 6gp | 8g | 13a | 21pts ] - [ Week Record | 6-0-0 ]

The second-star of the week goes to Thamps (finally), the owner of the Edmonton Oilers and the current points leader on the season. A fact that he has mentioned to me every week as I continually gave him honorable mentions and responded that maybe he just needed said to get better. He finally broke through this week with 21 points (2nd) in 6 games, all wins for the Oilers. He led the league in assists this week as he is the main distributor of the Oilers offense. He also led the league in plus/minus at +18 and was 2nd in hits to Burnzie with 66… now that I think about it, Burnzie had 17 points and 1 more hit that Thamps, I might have to change my decision here. Guess it’s too late now so we will stick with Thamps here. Congrat.

CULP3R
Toronto Maple Leafs
[ Defense | 6gp | 1g | 6a | 7pts ] - [ Week Record | 4-1-1 ]

The final star for the week goes to CULP3R of the Toronto Maple Leafs. The defending Norris Trophy winner had quite the week against tough competition. CULP3R had 1 goal and 6 assists on the week for a total of 7 points (T-2nd) and had a plus/minus of +7 (2nd). His defensive rating of 94.8, while impressive but not in the top-5 for the week, does not show the full story. Looking at the schedule the thing I noticed is that he put up these numbers against three of the top teams in the league this season (Anaheim, Tampa Bay and St. Louis). His best performance of the week was against Tampa Bay where he had a goal and 3 assists with a 96 rating in the two games, while helping the Leafs hold off the Lightning in two clutch wins at this point in the season. A well deserved star.

Old Feb. 17th, '19, 5:35 pm   #2
DustyRytStyk
Delicate Butterfly

May 2011 2,389
Long Island, NY

Great write up. The honorable mentions are a nice touch. Congrats to the selections.

Old Feb. 17th, '19, 6:10 pm   #3
Moarty
Sep 2018 115

Congrats all!

Old Feb. 18th, '19, 10:57 am   #4
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,762
Pittsburgh, PA

Nice one! Congrats all

Old Feb. 19th, '19, 8:15 am   #5
BleedBlueBlood