Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Everything Else

Old Jul. 11th, '08, 4:21 pm   #21
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Just to confirm, Civ Rev is only on consoles lol. And I think I'll definitely stick to PC for RTS.. the controller just doesn't match a keyboard and mouse for these types of games.
Old Jul. 11th, '08, 4:31 pm   #22
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

I didn't find the controller as a hinderer at all. The only negative really is when you have a lot of cities you have to cycle through all the new troops first before you can start making moves. This can cause you to lose a battle as you don't attack in time if the enemy makes the move first.
Old Jul. 11th, '08, 8:23 pm   #23
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

My single player game took just under 5 hours. I was new to the game, but basically speeding through it.

One thing I didn't like and it was toward the end, I had a bunch of cities and it kept asking me to build, build, build. I didn't want to build because I knew to win the Domination type, I just had to defeat this one city. Well, I had to cycle through each city hitting "B" every time to skip. It got very redundant at the end.

Having said that, I had a lot of fun with it. I'll get destroyed online for sure, but I can see where it'll be more fun.
Old Jul. 13th, '08, 6:22 am   #24
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Don't do a Game of the Week unless you have a lot of time to kill. You can't save it

I know I'm not good at this game, but it took me about 5 hours to beat and I'm exhausted. But I'm ranked 2223 on the leaderboard for this week's game If you don't yet know how bad I am, that's a decent rank.

I had almost all the vehicle types. Was just about to get the Internet when I won. I also nuked a city...but didn't know you only got one so I nuked a small, insignificant city.

For the last hour or so I just had everything on Defend so I wouldn't have to cycle through so much. I just took a tank army around and killed everything. Once in a while, to mix it up, I'd send a bomber.
Old Jul. 29th, '08, 6:21 pm   #25
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

I should've bought this game instead of renting it without a manual. While I'll still get my arse kicked, I keep learning things from other sites and/or magazines that I didn't know. It's no wonder why I'm so far behind and lose all the time.

I also keep finding features "in game" that I didn't know about.
Old Jul. 29th, '08, 6:27 pm   #26
Vega
speaks French, in Russian

Jul 2008 3,046
Orange Beach

Like what, Juji? I'll be glad to just go in a game and walk you through some stuff if you want. Honestly, I thought you had bought it... If you want to play a Head to Head game, or maybe even a FFA game with Pixel and Mullet and we can all discuss what we do and even help each other out as far as strategy, and help you out with things you may be missing. I'd be interested in doing that just to see if there are things that I do with my cities that I need to work on... I enjoy getting better at strategy games like this.
Old Jul. 29th, '08, 6:39 pm   #27
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Just little things that end up being big things. I just found out that if you build your city on a hill, an attacking enemy takes a hit on their attack. And to go along with that, if you attack from a hill, you have a slight advantage as well.

I've had several of those, "Well, that's nice to know" type moments

Like I said, just little things but fairly important things that I keep coming across whenever I do a little reading. I play it maybe once a week at the most so I don't really read a lot on the game.
Old Aug. 12th, '08, 10:42 pm   #28
Stokley Rose

Aug 2008 448
Adamstown, MD

I love this game. Very addictive. I think I will get Civ IV for the PC so I can play a more complex game. If anyone wants to play, hit me up. I prefer Aztec or American civs.
Old Mar. 5th, '14, 12:36 am   #29
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

So I'm bumping this because it's the free game the first half of March (if you didn't read that thread).

Anyway, I just got laughing because I remember when playing this game online I had a piece of paper that I actually "charted" the progression. I haven't played it in years so I can't recall exactly what I'm talking about.

What I did was had a piece of paper for each world and the branching trees. So to unlock such and such, I needed to have this and that. That type of thing. I remember looking at that piece of paper and still sucking.
Old Mar. 5th, '14, 7:09 pm   #30
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

So the tech tree or whatever you want to call it has been put into the game so no longer will I need a pen and paper

Played a single player game before I went to bed. On easy. Forgot how long the games can be and didn't want to quit/save so I finished it out.

Tags
civilization, endwar, rts