Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Everything Else

Old Apr. 13th, '15, 11:55 am   #1
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,109
Toronto
Thumbs up Mortal Kombat X

This game is bringing back memories from when I was a teen (the original came out in 1992). Except now it's taken to a whole new level! It gets released tomorrow and I'll be buying the premium edition tonight when I get home.

The graphics are absolutely sick! No pun intended....

Regular edition is $60 and the premium is $90 (gives you 8 special characters, including Jason Voorhees and Predator)

Last edited by BleedBlueBlood; Apr. 13th, '15 at 12:05 pm.
Old Apr. 13th, '15, 12:54 pm   #2
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,155
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Toasty!!

Both funny and sad how this stuff isn't even a little shocking anymore, where 20 years ago our parents were losing their shit over Mortal Kombat being in every pizza parlor and arcade around.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Apr. 15th, '15, 3:37 pm   #3
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,109
Toronto

So with some misleading advertising, Jason and Predator are NOT released yet. It's future DLC. A lot of unhappy people ranting over at the WB Games forums.

If I had known that, I wouldn't have purchased the game right now and would have waited until they were released.

I mean, the game is good, but they were my main reason for getting it on release.

F*ckers.
Old Apr. 17th, '15, 1:43 pm   #4
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,679
Boston

So does the $90 edition include Predator and Jason Vorhees or not? My little brother and I played this game for days on end, and I'm stoked for this release. The graphics are indeed sick, my jaw dropped when I first started watching. So much pain to inflict in so many ways.
Old Apr. 17th, '15, 1:58 pm   #5
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,109
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSB View Post
So does the $90 edition include Predator and Jason Vorhees or not? My little brother and I played this game for days on end, and I'm stoked for this release. The graphics are indeed sick, my jaw dropped when I first started watching. So much pain to inflict in so many ways.
It does but those characters are not available yet. When they are, you won't have to pay anything more and that's why I got the premium now anyway. I was just under the impression (as many others were too) that they would be included in the release download.

There are so many moves to learn..lol I've only put a couple hours of gameplay into it and I'm just starting to get the hang of it with Erron Black.

I'm going to start and hopefully finish the story mode this weekend which unlocks another character. His name escapes me....

Let me know when you get it and we'll throw down

Oh yeah, join the White Lotus faction once you load up the game
Old Apr. 17th, '15, 9:19 pm   #6
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,679
Boston

I'll see if I can't pick it up this weekend. I'm only in town through Monday afternoon, then it's back to Cambridge for work, where I only have my 360. I'm definitely going to pick this up though, and will join the White Lotus Faction when I do. XB1 version, or is it PS4 only?
Old Apr. 17th, '15, 10:38 pm   #7
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,109
Toronto

XB1, I don't have a PS4.
Old Apr. 18th, '15, 11:45 am   #8
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,679
Boston

XB1 it is then! I won't have my XB1 until July or so, when we complete our move to the east coast. My little brother and I used to play the original Mortal Kombat back in high school, it will be fun to give this another go with the updated sick graphics!
Old Apr. 18th, '15, 1:38 pm   #9
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

http://youtu.be/kFxlfdhpGd4

Guess I can't imbed videos?

Old Apr. 18th, '15, 4:11 pm   #10
Rip Winkle
Administrator

Aug 2008 6,595