Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > General Sports

Old Jan. 27th, '14, 8:11 am   #11
Tony Amonte
Mark Rechhi Fan Club

Jul 2008 7,269
Not in Kamloops
Send a message via MSN to Tony Amonte

You guys are all missing the point. They know who their hottest stars are. They aren't stupid. He will get his big payoff. He will be the champion eventually. They have you all rattled. That is the point. If they slapped the belt on Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan right away......what is the point? Any big star had to wait and go through hell to get their first real run. Nothing has changed. In other words, in the words of Mark Henry...."Y'all a bunch of puppets".

Not getting the network because you didn't like the ending to one PPV is beyond petty. Let the story unfold for god's sakes. He will get his. The crop of guys they have coming up to take over for years to come is awesome.

Last edited by Tony Amonte; Jan. 27th, '14 at 8:56 am.
Old Jan. 27th, '14, 12:00 pm   #12
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,099
Winnipeg, Manitoba

It's not so much that Bryan didnt WIN the rumble, it's that he wasn't even in it.

The last time someone was this over was Stone Cold - and he barely left the championship picture other than to kick McMahon's ass once he got hisnfirst taste of the main event.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jan. 27th, '14, 12:03 pm   #13
Tony Amonte
Mark Rechhi Fan Club

Jul 2008 7,269
Not in Kamloops

I feel like that rumble belonged to Roman Reigns. Bryan didn't need to be in it, especially after Bray Wyatt decimated him in their match earlier. He really couldn't be in it if they are going to try and sell a head injury, which by the way they did a fantastic job with.
Old Jan. 27th, '14, 12:54 pm   #14
Novicain13
XBS Lumbus

Sep 2011 869
Buffalo
Send a message via MSN to Novicain13 Send a message via AIM to Novicain13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Amonte View Post
I feel like that rumble belonged to Roman Reigns. Bryan didn't need to be in it, especially after Bray Wyatt decimated him in their match earlier. He really couldn't be in it if they are going to try and sell a head injury, which by the way they did a fantastic job with.

But did you see me(The great Khali) throwing those chops around! Lol
Old Jan. 27th, '14, 1:39 pm   #15
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,563
Canada

It's not about Bryan not winning, they probably didn't want him in the Rumble cause the crowd would hijack it with his chants, but guess what... they hijack it anyway throughout the whole Rumble, and when Batista won, they had to turn off the crowd volume because it was nothing but boos. I was fine with anyone winning but Batista... I don't trust the WWE, they don't build any stars anymore.

Punk went to the top despite WWE not giving two shits for the longest time, they wanted to basically bury Bryan at wrestlemania with that 18 second loss and just toss him back to the midcarders. He went over with the crowds help, and none from the WWE. Ryder made his own success through youtube and now he's sitting at home watching RAW.

I have no faith in this big payoff, if it happens...awesome

They are doing some good things with Reigns and Big E, tried it with Ryback, but those are all the prototypical big guys Vince creams over.

Old Jan. 27th, '14, 1:59 pm   #16
Tony Amonte
Mark Rechhi Fan Club

Jul 2008 7,269
Not in Kamloops

Bottom line is, they are not going to "bury" anyone that brings in as much money as Bryan or as as many viewers as he brings in. Which is getting to insanity levels.

The Batista thing you knew was going to happen. To get a guy like him to come back, you have to give him immediate spotlight. So you knew that was coming. I'm not gonna lie though, I got caught up in the Roman Reigns hype, and when it was down to those two, it was pretty exciting.

The crowd did it's job, booed the piss out of Batista, and he can now transition into a heel ( Which suits him way better anyways ) They already had video of him giving the finger to all the fans after it went off air.
Old Jan. 27th, '14, 7:19 pm   #17
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,099
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I've wanted a heel vs heel Mania main event for all these years and just didn't know it!

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Jan. 27th, '14, 7:55 pm   #18
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Amonte View Post
Bottom line is, they are not going to "bury" anyone that brings in as much money as Bryan or as as many viewers as he brings in. Which is getting to insanity levels.

The Batista thing you knew was going to happen. To get a guy like him to come back, you have to give him immediate spotlight. So you knew that was coming. I'm not gonna lie though, I got caught up in the Roman Reigns hype, and when it was down to those two, it was pretty exciting.

The crowd did it's job, booed the piss out of Batista, and he can now transition into a heel ( Which suits him way better anyways ) They already had video of him giving the finger to all the fans after it went off air.
But Hunter has reportedly been pissed at Bryan simply because he stole pop from the crowd awhile back when he was talking about whatever on Raw. They have buried him by putting him in a program with the Wyatts then pulling the plug quickly. We all know he and Punk should be the standard bearers not Cena v. Orton for the millionth time. They don't make stars anymore as others have said. Even Austin would lose to bring others up and Rocky used to lose more than he won. They now have no one new to sell to us. I hope they turn it around and give Bryan the strap. I don't have much faith though.

Old Jan. 27th, '14, 8:23 pm   #19
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,506
Pittsburgh, PA

I just simply bring it down to competition. Much like EA lol.
When they saw how much of a pop stone cold got they didnt hide it. They threw him out there everywhere. They actually listened to the fans, because fans got them over on the competition. Nowadays, they have the luxury of following their OWN storylines where they want the company to go because this is the only option anymore. If Vince was seriously hurting, or some other wrestling show caught fire and was surpassing with ratings, he would need to listen to the fans. Bryan's time will come, but it should be now with the biggest hype, and not when he's some early 40s movie star.
Lol, but really they will be able to cash in huge when that time comes like you said Tony, I just think it's playing with fire making people wait so long if the hype even holds up long enough, that's how they run though nowadays.
If you will it, dude... It is no dream. - Walter Sobchak
Old Jan. 27th, '14, 9:09 pm   #20
spec0688

Sep 2012 1,563
Canada

Wrestlemania is the biggest show wwe has, if they wanted Bryan to have an awesome payoff it should happen there. But nope, it if comes at all, it will probably be 3 months after WM on some shitty ppv no one cares.about.

They got Brock to come back and he's 10 times better then Batista ever will be, yet he hasn't come close to a title match until now and that's only to make Orton look really strong heading to WM.

Last edited by spec0688; Jan. 27th, '14 at 9:14 pm.