Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Shooters

Old Feb. 3rd, '11, 7:27 pm   #1
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Default Battlefield 3

Quote:
Battlefield 3 is about to step out from under DICE's secretive cover -- and onto a magazine cover. The game is featured in the next issue of Game Informer, and the game's official site is expected to host a teaser trailer tomorrow.

The title will utilize DICE's Frostbite 2 engine, which promises numerous visual enhancements (see: deferred rendering, real-time radiosity), a new animation system that originated from EA Sports, and environments that are more destructible than ever before. The developer made it clear today that it had canceled other projects in order to focus on making Battlefield 3 "the best Battlefield game ever."

Battlefield 3 is expected to launch on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. We're already eager to see how how all that fancy technology holds up across three different platforms.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/03/ba...nformer-cover/

Old Feb. 3rd, '11, 7:39 pm   #2
NJDEVIL30274
Banned
Sep 2008 1,280
East Rutherford NJ
Send a message via AIM to NJDEVIL30274

Building a new PC over the summer. Seems like I'm just in time.
Old Feb. 3rd, '11, 7:51 pm   #3
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,619
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

awesome, they have some big expectations after this last game!!

Old Feb. 3rd, '11, 7:55 pm   #4
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Trailer tomorrow... can't wait to see what is new and full of awesome

Old Feb. 7th, '11, 9:29 pm   #5
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

Quote:
Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February
I want it now, can't wait to try the Beta!

Old Feb. 7th, '11, 11:10 pm   #6
NJDEVIL30274
Banned
Sep 2008 1,280
East Rutherford NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xP0Ij1_VTY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I want it now, can't wait to try the Beta!
Gonna get it on PC or console ?
Old Feb. 7th, '11, 11:18 pm   #7
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

360 for sure, I don't have a pc right now but might grab it for both when it comes out

Old Feb. 8th, '11, 8:13 am   #8
NJDEVIL30274
Banned
Sep 2008 1,280
East Rutherford NJ

Some scans of the game from the latest game informer

http://battlefield.gamersverse.com/a...cluding-scans/

Reading through the game is going to be amazing on PC as expected DICE is a pc dev first and foremost.

Last edited by NJDEVIL30274; Feb. 8th, '11 at 8:20 am.
Old Feb. 8th, '11, 7:03 pm   #9
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

they started on the pc but they did cancel BF1943 and OnSlaught for the PC to focus on BF 3, having said that pc is not as high a priority as it once was for them as the console market has exploded and they actually get return on investment. Too many pirated versions of pc software is a turn off.

either way I am 100% getting it for 360

Old Feb. 23rd, '11, 5:00 pm   #10
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL.