Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Everything Else

Old Feb. 28th, '17, 1:00 pm   #1
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,125
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Default Xbox Game Pass

Launching in spring, Xbox Game Pass will act like a Netflix account for games, with unlimited play for all games on the service for $9.99 / month.

Depending on the quality of the library, this could be a game changer. Gamespot stock went in the shitter as soon as this was announced.

Anyone else see the potential here?
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Feb. 28th, '17, 1:52 pm   #2
allthway
Master
May 2014 618

Like you said, the selection determines everything.

So I see they're pushing Halo 5, NBA2k16 and PayDay2, I wonder if this is sort of like EA access? Or if it is like netflix where they will have "game pass exclusive" games.

Thanks for posting this!

Last edited by allthway; Feb. 28th, '17 at 1:58 pm.
Focus on winning too much
Old Feb. 28th, '17, 3:01 pm   #3
Zaunbie

Jan 2013 442
Halifax Nova Scotia

In the list of over 100 games they seem to have a bunch of old games that are now backwards compatible. I mean if you're into playing old 360 games and a select few XB1 games that seem to be on sale more often then not than I could see this working but there would have to be some other incentive similar to EA's 10 free hours of trial.

From looking at their promo photo it seems also as if more then a few of the games have been free releases already, basically seems like a cash grab to me unless they put incentives into it. Maybe something cool like certain amounts of gamer score can be used for better/new gamer pictures/backgrounds and such. I know they did something cool previously where if you had a certain amount of gamerscore you got like 75 bucks off a new xbox one, but I mean anyone who had 25,000+ Gamerscore pretty much already shelled out 400 bucks for the system when it was brand new.

Basically I guess I am just tired of this system's shit and this just seems like another thing that they are throwing out there. Terrible controllers/headseats that break for no apparent reason (give us 70 bucks), initial release of 500G so that can hold what 8 games maybe so guess what if you want these games delete space or buy an external hard drive (More money in their pocket), constant system glitches and more. If I didn't like playing with all you pricks so much I would have pulled a T and got a PS4 haha
Old Feb. 28th, '17, 11:32 pm   #4
OG Layner

Mar 2016 116
Florida

PS4 as a system is hands down way better than XB1
Old Mar. 6th, '17, 1:15 pm   #5
Krimsonfire
Jun 2008 2,555
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to Krimsonfire

Anyone without unlimited data probably should avoid this also lol
Old Mar. 6th, '17, 5:27 pm   #6