Old Mar. 7th, '12, 9:14 am   #21
slow elk
Champipple

Jul 2008 2,727
Richmond, VA
Send a message via MSN to slow elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
I can think of 3 guys on this site alone that bought a PS3 last year for this series.

JK, 100% agree this is the best franchise going.
make it 4...I'll be buying a PS3 pretty soon for this as well. The more I read about The Show, the more I want to buy a PS3.
Old Mar. 7th, '12, 9:49 am   #22
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,648
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
I won't play it enough to justify a $60 purchase, and missed the $48 Newegg.com pre-order deal, so I'll wait until I can snag it for $40 and get it then.
Please let me know when you see it this cheap so I can pick it up as well. I'm still new to PS3 and don't have the time to play this now, but once you find it cheap enough, I should have the time by then to pick it up and see what all the hub-bub is over The Show.

Old Mar. 7th, '12, 11:58 am   #23
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,686
NE of TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
I can think of 3 guys on this site alone that bought a PS3 last year for this series.

JK, 100% agree this is the best franchise going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
Yeah, I kinda feel like I HAVE to buy it again this year after dropping $299 on the console for just this game last year. I still haven't purchased any other games for the PS3, but did get 2 freebies to download with that PS Network hacked thing.

I won't play it enough to justify a $60 purchase, and missed the $48 Newegg.com pre-order deal, so I'll wait until I can snag it for $40 and get it then.
I can't justify buying a PS3 for one game....especially considering the online network is horrible. I don't play sport games offline (only in the beginning to get a feel), so if online sucks, the game is useless to me and that would be $400 down the toilet. I'll pass......besides, I think starting next year we'll have more choice for MLB for the 360

Old Mar. 7th, '12, 4:36 pm   #24
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,588
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

I played a diamond dynasty game this morning. It's the first full game I've played. It went 14 innings and of course its the only game mode where you play the full game and you CAN'T save it mid-game to return later. It's an online mode so I get that.

Anyway, I've given pure analog + zone some time and I will definitely be using it. The biggest difference between this and zone hitting is that the PCI actually continues to move during your stride. When just using zone, the instant you press the swing button, you are locked into wherever the PCI is. With Analog + zone, I'm now able to move it up until the last possible instant. This is a huge change and is even better than I expected.

The game went well and I noticed there are more bullpen options. You can now have your relievers just throw rather than warm up. They can do this for a couple innings and it won't get them truly warm. You can also have them go a step farther and throw one warmup pitch per game pitch. This is very authentic and am very impressed by it.

The bunting animations for the fielders appear to be improved, but unfortunately on one of my two sacrifice bunts, I managed to reach safely (and easily).

Little things I tend to notice....at the beginning of an inning with a new pitcher, I opted to use all 8 warmup pitches. If they aren't completely warm, taking these pitches DOES help their energy. After the 7th pitch, I notice the shortstop go to 2nd base to receive the throw from the catcher. It's a little thing but it's so cool to see that happen in this game.

I ultimately lost the game 4-3 in 14 innings but I did so with a huge smile on my face. The Pirates had the bases loaded and 1 out. I had the middle infielders at DP depth, the corner infielders in and the outfielders in. The batter hit a fly ball to left field, almost certainly not deep enough to score the runner. To my surprise, he takes off and I fire a strike to the catcher...or so I thought. While the throw was in plenty of time, it short-hopped the catcher and bounced in front of him allowing the winning run to slide in. That NEVER happened last year on an accurate throw.

I was already late for something and I wish I'd have had time to save the highlight reel. It was awesome to see that kind of variation in the game.
Old Mar. 7th, '12, 6:01 pm   #25
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio
Send a message via AIM to TommyNuGuns Send a message via Yahoo to TommyNuGuns

Is diamond dynasty similar to the ultimate team modes in the madden games?
Old Mar. 7th, '12, 7:40 pm   #26
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,588
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyNuGuns View Post
Is diamond dynasty similar to the ultimate team modes in the madden games?
Yes. Similar but certainly not the same thing.
Old Mar. 8th, '12, 7:45 am   #27
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,093
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Had a great game last night that reminded me why I love this game. Jumped out to a 3-0 lead in top of the 1st vs the Red Sox on 2 errors. They came back to try it in the 4th, then pulled ahead by 2 in the 6th. Finally pulled back within 1 in the top of the 8th. Tied it in the top of 9th on a 2 out single down the 3rd base line. Ended up losing it in the bottom of the 11th but still a great game.

My biggest complaint about 12? Games take too damn long to finish because I just can't press the x button to skip the cut scenes. LOL Game looks beautiful, love the new presentation.

IMO there isn't a huge feature or change that separates it from 11 but after playing more, the new ball physics and added presentation make it worth the purchase.
Old Mar. 8th, '12, 12:05 pm   #28
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99 View Post
Had a great game last night that reminded me why I love this game. Jumped out to a 3-0 lead in top of the 1st vs the Red Sox on 2 errors. They came back to try it in the 4th, then pulled ahead by 2 in the 6th. Finally pulled back within 1 in the top of the 8th. Tied it in the top of 9th on a 2 out single down the 3rd base line. Ended up losing it in the bottom of the 11th but still a great game.

My biggest complaint about 12? Games take too damn long to finish because I just can't press the x button to skip the cut scenes. LOL Game looks beautiful, love the new presentation.

IMO there isn't a huge feature or change that separates it from 11 but after playing more, the new ball physics and added presentation make it worth the purchase.
If I remember correctly from The Show 11, you can turn off cut-scenes in the Presentation menu.
Old Mar. 11th, '12, 11:37 am   #29
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,093
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Watch the skills on this 1B. Lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrC97...e_gdata_player
Old Mar. 11th, '12, 11:55 am   #30
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,648
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Do glitches like this happen often or is it an extremely rare occourance?