Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Baseball > The Show

Old Jan. 24th, '11, 10:03 pm   #11
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelslash View Post
I bought The Show 10 a couple of weeks ago after hearing how amazing it is. Quite honestly I was blown away. I know why everyone is so hard on MLB2K (granted it is a piece of shit) but you can't even compare the two.

To top it all off, they even have my last name in the game. First game I have ever played that had my name in it. Seems like a small thing but it makes a difference.

The only knock on the game is that I am not a huge fan of the batting. If the new batting style is as good as it sounds then this game is going to be absolutely awesome. I will be buying it for sure.
yeah pretty much sums up how I feel about the game lol

Old Jan. 24th, '11, 10:13 pm   #12
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

soon....

Old Jan. 24th, '11, 10:23 pm   #13
XBoxJon
Bringing heat

Jun 2008 6,913
St. Louis, MO

So, I'm a huge baseball fan, but we're a Xbox household (haven't owned a Sony console since '95 I think).

Is this game good enough to buy a PS3 for? I literally would have no other use for the console... I have a Blu Ray player already, and that collects dust (I either stream 1080p movies off DirecTV or download the Blu Ray rips online), and I likely wouldn't buy any other titles for it.

Old Jan. 24th, '11, 10:43 pm   #14
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

that's what you say now Jon, but there are some exclusive games that will pique your interest..

you must have a friend that has a PS3, go rent a copy of MLB 10 and swing on by for a visit.... you will be shocked.

Old Jan. 24th, '11, 10:54 pm   #15
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,588
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

I bought a PS3 exclusively for The Show and for Blu Ray. The only other games I've played on PS3 are Uncharted and Uncharted 2 which are amazing games. I have no regrets about my PS3 buying decision.
Old Jan. 25th, '11, 7:12 pm   #16
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoxJon View Post
So, I'm a huge baseball fan, but we're a Xbox household (haven't owned a Sony console since '95 I think).

Is this game good enough to buy a PS3 for? I literally would have no other use for the console... I have a Blu Ray player already, and that collects dust (I either stream 1080p movies off DirecTV or download the Blu Ray rips online), and I likely wouldn't buy any other titles for it.

I don't want to be on the hook as the guy that suggested you drop coin to buy the system based on one game perhaps ask MGM what his thoughts are, it wasn't that long ago he picked up a PS3 and The Show (he already had a Blu Ray player but returned it)

in all honesty, it really does everything. I can't explain this but I think the PS3 does a better job with Netflix than the 360, not that it's a deal breaker for you but that is something I noticed (again I can't explain it, it just seems like Netflix on the 360 is an after thought)

Last edited by Phoenix 2.0; Jan. 25th, '11 at 7:13 pm.

Old Jan. 27th, '11, 11:06 pm   #17
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

When I get to Korea I will have some extra cash and I am really thinking about getting a PS3 just so that I can play The Show 11. I don't think you would regret it at all Jon.
Old Jan. 27th, '11, 11:15 pm   #18
BoozersOnline
12 Pack Never Hurt Anyone
May 2009 1,160
Edmonton, AB
Send a message via MSN to BoozersOnline

i cant wait
Old Jan. 28th, '11, 1:17 am   #19
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio
Send a message via AIM to TommyNuGuns Send a message via Yahoo to TommyNuGuns

One of the main reasons I got the PS3 was for this game. The other reasons were for FFXIII which ended getting released on the 360 anyways, metal gear solid 4 (amazing game),and God of War 3 which was good but a little disappointing. Honestly I'm glad I have it. This is an amazing baseball experience. The Uncharted games and Heavy Rain are two other exclusives that I'm glad I got the chance to experience. I didn't realize Netflix was better. I may have to look into that.
Old Jan. 28th, '11, 6:15 pm   #20
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,588
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

I have done nothing online with the PS3 except get updated rosters for The Show. Let's be honest, the Xbox is far superior when it comes to it's online anything... I'll have to check out Netflix and see if/why it's better than the Xbox however. Thanks for the heads up on that.