Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Baseball > The Show

Old Apr. 18th, '12, 4:43 pm   #41
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,094
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKGuy16 View Post
The first thing I'd recommend is lowering pitch speed to 3. The consensus is that fastballs are indeed faster than years past. I also use pure analog plus zone.

I'm using an all-star slider set from TNK at Operationsports.com. It keeps solid hits down to allow liners to fall in like they should. It also allows base hits at a slightly more frequent pace than default. It's a pretty popular set and has worked great for me. As long as you are selective with your pitches (not swinging at the first strike, not chasing, working the count), you can generate some pretty solid offense. I've had a great variety of low and high scoring games.
Would agree with the slider set, that's what I'm currently using. However I haven't lowered pitch speed. Still have it on default but I'm using timing only hitting. Sure that makes a difference. Not positive on stats but think i've only won about 25% of my games. But 9 out of 10 have been close. Even had one the other day that went to 15 innings before I blew it. LOL Loving this game.
Old Apr. 18th, '12, 10:14 pm   #42
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio
Send a message via AIM to TommyNuGuns Send a message via Yahoo to TommyNuGuns

Anyone doing diamond dynasty? Played 3 games of that..looks to be addicting.
Old Apr. 18th, '12, 10:59 pm   #43
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyNuGuns View Post
Anyone doing diamond dynasty? Played 3 games of that..looks to be addicting.
It is addicting, I'm not going near it.

Old Apr. 26th, '12, 9:15 am   #44
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

http://www.facebook.com/mlbtheshow

Quote:
Be sure to watch Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight as CC Sabathia will reveal some special news about MLB 12 The Show.
hopefully they are announcing that the PSN will improved and people can actually play MLB online....

what else could they say?

season is under way and rosters are set, why would Sony get CC to appear on Fallon's show?

may have to tune in to find out

Old Apr. 26th, '12, 9:32 am   #45
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio

Online isn't to bad. Very slight timing difference.
Old Apr. 26th, '12, 12:38 pm   #46
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

Don't get me wrong, it is way better than last year just not where LIVE is. Timing especially in sports games mean all the difference, slight delay could mean pop fly instead of a HR or missed FG instead of a Super Bowl win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Apr. 27th, '12, 4:34 pm   #47
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

Way to shit the bed Sony.

For the last couple days my PS3 would lock up when I tried to carry on my franchise, load from the cloud and everything seemed ok until I went to schedule.... LOCK.

Apparently it's a wide spread issue and Sony is playing dumb, they released a patch for PS3 version but not the Vita version. What's worse, Sony recommends NOT USING the cross game feature WTF?!?!?

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/04/24...ollowing-patch

Old May. 23rd, '12, 7:26 pm   #48
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

another update for this game and still no cross platform functionality, it was awesome when it worked

Old May. 23rd, '12, 8:20 pm   #49
TommyNuGuns

Jul 2008 924
Lebanon,Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
another update for this game and still no cross platform functionality, it was awesome when it worked
Not working at all? Pretty messed up that was so heavily advertised and packaged in deals for it to have terrible support.
Old May. 25th, '12, 6:14 pm   #50
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

I wish I could say I was surprised Tommy but I'm not, Sony always fails everyone.

The cross over feature was one of the things that convinced me to get a Vita, I don't regret getting it and do hold out hope that the issue will be resolved.