XBox-Sports.com
User Name:
Password:
Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Help & Information Desk > Other Help

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 9:48 am   #1
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,062
Long Island, NY
Default Getting dropped from EA servers

Hey guys,

During the past two nights I have been consistently dropped from the EA servers. The game loads up fine, and I start a game just fine. However, after a few minutes the game suddenly gets choppy, my players stops skating, and I am dropped. Any suggestions as to where to start troubleshooting? I reset the modem and router last night before playing against Buffalo and it still happened. I got dropped twice.

Any help would truly be appreciated.

Thanks

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 9:51 am   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 17,949
Toronto

Stop using McDonald's WiFi

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 10:06 am   #3
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

It could be a router issue. Did you do any port forwarding? Some routers also have a hard time determining where the packets for an xbox should go...what router do you have?
Old Aug. 29th, '12, 10:23 am   #4
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,254
Niagara Falls, Ontario

like i mentioned before dusty log into your router and assign your xbox ip address into the DMZ. this will put your xbox on the other side of your router.. and should clear up any issues.

if that doesnt work then u are having internet issues and its bandwidth isnt keepinup

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 10:46 am   #5
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,062
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredCustoms View Post
like i mentioned before dusty log into your router and assign your xbox ip address into the DMZ. this will put your xbox on the other side of your router.. and should clear up any issues.

if that doesnt work then u are having internet issues and its bandwidth isnt keepinup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
It could be a router issue. Did you do any port forwarding? Some routers also have a hard time determining where the packets for an xbox should go...what router do you have?
Thanks for the responses guys. Nexus, I have a Linksys E4200 router. I do have a port forwarding area but up until now I didn't have to open up any ports. I just enabled the UPnP and it seemed fine up until now. (I have had it this way for months, and no problems). I am willing to try anything so I can try that. Offhand, do you happen to know the numbers I need to open the ports?

Keith, I am a little stupid with this stuff and I tried to do what you said but how in the world do I assign my xbox and ip address?

Again, thanks for all of your help.

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 11:15 am   #6
DustyRytStyk
XBS Bully

May 2011 2,062
Long Island, NY

Alright guys. I found out how to do both I think. Keith, in the DMZ section of my router there are two parts. One part says, Source IP Address and I can type in an IP address there, and the second part says, Destination Address where I can type in both an IP Address and a MAC address. So, what do I do here?

And Nexus, I found the ports to open I think. So I will try the DMZ thing first and then the ports.

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 11:18 am   #7
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRytStyk View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. Nexus, I have a Linksys E4200 router. I do have a port forwarding area but up until now I didn't have to open up any ports. I just enabled the UPnP and it seemed fine up until now. (I have had it this way for months, and no problems). I am willing to try anything so I can try that. Offhand, do you happen to know the numbers I need to open the ports?

Keith, I am a little stupid with this stuff and I tried to do what you said but how in the world do I assign my xbox and ip address?

Again, thanks for all of your help.
Here is a link to the support page containing them on the xbox site: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-l...used-xbox-live

If you have just recently started having these issues...I might also contact a technician from your provider to come and look at it. It could be there is a signal issue for some reason. I think we were having a similar issue at my old apt but we left before I cared to ask them about it. Had no issue at the new apt yet.
Old Aug. 29th, '12, 11:22 am   #8
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,254
Niagara Falls, Ontario

when u boot up your xbox, go to the system and network. and look at network configurations and u should see your IP address

then follow this sir

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.as...articleid=4576

this will help u setup that exact modem for usage and optimal performance

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 11:25 am   #9
DesiredCustoms
XBSHL Junkie
Jun 2008 3,254
Niagara Falls, Ontario

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.as...rticleid=22385

this is an article and very good one on explaining to people what NAT is and how it effects people.

9 out of 10 times someone cant connect to someone nad play is due to this. and they dont have there systems configured properly

Old Aug. 29th, '12, 12:02 pm   #10
Makakk88
Just Joe

May 2011 1,022

Like I said yesterday, you have to know where to troubleshoot before starting troubleshooting. Try with direct connection to your modem.. If good, then go with your router, doing Keith's procedure. If you have a spare one, try it (or Brian's router let's say).

etc