Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Basketball

Old Jul. 1st, '08, 8:10 am   #11
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

I'm not super happy with the Cavs draft. Honestly I wish they would have traded up and got a good shooter to accomodate LeBron. And what about Utah taking my boy Koufos out of Ohio State. How many skinny, tall, European-style big men does one franchise need?

Old Jul. 1st, '08, 9:25 am   #12
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

Lebron is getting ready to sign his contract with nyk. 2 years left i think!!

Old Jul. 1st, '08, 9:31 am   #13
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,223
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc

Both my teams traded away their draft picks.........but from a hometown perspective. TOR does get JO, and even thought many beat down on this deal, it's not entirely bad. But disagree with me if you want but here's how I see it.

In O'Neal, we get a former 6-time allstar, a dominate player on both sides of the ball and a guy that used to average 24 10 and 2 in his best year. So even if he is injured, I think that if JO plays say 50-55 games this year..getting us say..13 8 and 1 blk (that's not too much to ask is that?)...we still in this deal. Why? Because...

Any more damage to TJ, and he's done. I hate to say it, I love him as a point guard but anymore damage..any more "Al Horford"s and his career is basically over. Rasho has always only been decent, and the 17th pick they wanted turned out to be Roy Hibbert..who is tall but extremely slow and will only be a decent centre in the league.

Disagree/Agree?
Old Jul. 1st, '08, 11:45 am   #14
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones56 View Post
Lebron is getting ready to sign his contract with nyk. 2 years left i think!!
Actually he had an interview and said Brooklyn was his favorite part of NYC. And Jersey is moving there, not the Knicks. And remember, Jay Z is a minority owner in that franchise.

Old Jul. 1st, '08, 12:48 pm   #15
Bingo King
Jun 2008 149
Wisconsin
Send a message via MSN to Bingo King

yeah LeBrons gunna go to Jersey before he goes to NY. They've already made the moves to get under the cap for him in 2010. Sorry Bones, but hey enjoy jerome james and Eddy Curry.

On a side note this is kinda disgusting to me how this "2010" class is basically watering down many teams. Many teams are making moves and hanging onto their money for Lebron,wade,bosh instead of being active in trying to get their best team on the court. So far i havent heard the Bulls doing this and i'm extremely happy. Cuz chances are 2 out of those 3 will resign. And than they're all stuck with nothing. i believe sopmething like 22 out of the 30 teams are actively posturing to get into position to throw major money there.

Anyone remember last time this happened? when duncan,hill,mcgrady were gunna be FA. and than hill mcgrady signed together only to never play together. i kinda hope for soemthing like that.
Old Jul. 1st, '08, 5:33 pm   #16
bones56
I lock people up

Jun 2008 5,634
Long Island NY
Send a message via MSN to bones56 Send a message via AIM to bones56

yeah yeah yeah, I know but the Knicks can offer more money to him and they have said he will go to where the money is!! No place bigger than NY. Also as of now the nets are in NJ, also I dont think its a given that they will end up in Brooklyn. I think there are still issues with this move (but not sure).

Old Jul. 2nd, '08, 12:09 am   #17
Bingo King
Jun 2008 149
Wisconsin

I honestly this it depends on the makeup of the 2 teams. i think if NY doesn't change a lot He won't go there. NJ has a bunch of strong young players he can team with. I dont think he wants to trade in Ilgauskas for Curry god im so glad chicago unloaded that guy.
Old Jul. 2nd, '08, 6:29 am   #18
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL

I think the NYK's plan was to unload enough to be able to make max offers to LeBron and Bosh or D Wade. I'm sure ownership wouldn't mind shelling out luxury tax payments to get those two. I just wish the Cavs would get rid of some dead weight to make a run at Bosh, that would keep LeBron happy.

Old Jul. 2nd, '08, 10:49 am   #19
willoman

Jun 2008 296
Brooklyn, NY
Send a message via MSN to willoman

This was my first time attending the NBA Draft in NYC. I was looking out for my Bobcats to see if they would make the smart moves w/ LB as coach and MJ as GM. Acquiring a PG was what I was hoping they would aim for and that's what they got themselves. NBA Season TV Pass should be as good as it was last season....except for listening to Boston commentary team.

It was funny when the NYK selected. They were cursing up a storm at the draft pick guy when he was going to the green room. Bobcats will reach the Conference in 4 years before the knicks will IMHO.
MMORPG: Lord Of The Rings Online:
server (Meneldor) char (Wildwald)

http://my.lotro.com/character/meneldor/wildwald/

Xbox LIVE:
Favorite: NBA 2k10, The BIGS 2

Favorite Sports Teams:
NBA: Bobcats
NFL: Giants
MLB: Mets
NHL: Rangers
Old Jul. 2nd, '08, 12:50 pm   #20
Bingo King
Jun 2008 149
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoman View Post
This was my first time attending the NBA Draft in NYC. I was looking out for my Bobcats to see if they would make the smart moves w/ LB as coach and MJ as GM. Acquiring a PG was what I was hoping they would aim for and that's what they got themselves. NBA Season TV Pass should be as good as it was last season....except for listening to Boston commentary team.

It was funny when the NYK selected. They were cursing up a storm at the draft pick guy when he was going to the green room. Bobcats will reach the Conference in 4 years before the knicks will IMHO.
The Conference finals?serious? maybe when the big 3 break up...i think detroit will be done in 2 years. i can't see either team in the Conference finals for a while. let alone past the 1st round.`