Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Other Sports > Golf

Old Apr. 10th, '11, 10:30 pm   #1
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt
Pga TW 12 "Unofficial" League Discussion

Ok, so there seems to be a decent interest in this idea. Question is, what kind of games would you guys like to see be implemented? Here's some of the modes I'm thinking that could be done.

Single Player Tournament - I suppose we could do the online tournaments and obtain our scores for each player from the console. I am not sure if you're allowed to play the tournaments multiple times or not before "submitting" your score. The other option would be for someone to establish the settings for everyone to play. We would have to hope everyone uses the honor system or require a round be played with a fellow golfer to validate the round. A player who has already played their round could play as a witness if they wanted to.

Team Play - The most appealing is of course the team concept where two players take on two other players. This would require the establishment of teams and a round robin format week to week with the game mode varying week to week as well. Best ball, alt shot, team match/skins, etc. Because of the limited number of players, teams would likely be limited to 2-3 players at the most and only enough active players to form 3-4 teams I'm guessing. While the most fun, this concept would probably be the most challenging to pull off.

Anyone have other ideas or suggestions? Let's hear 'em.

Last edited by ExArmySgt; Apr. 10th, '11 at 10:32 pm.
Old Apr. 11th, '11, 12:07 am   #2
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

I'd have to see what's available online. I do agree with you post in the other thread about user tournaments. Just unbelievable. Hell, at this point you should be able to play the actual season. By that I mean one tournament a week. Everyone has a week to play their four rounds. That would be awesome I think. Kind of like a dynasty setup with the website and advances if that makes sense.

Back when me and pixel were talking about doing a league, we were looking up stuff and trying to figure out how to have balanced teams. We were looking into handicaps which ended up being a fairly easy tool.

Most of you probably know how to do that but I don't golf in real life. Here's a page that explains it (I doubt the game has slopes and ratings but the real courses should be online):

http://www.ehow.com/how_15107_calcul...-handicap.html
Old Apr. 11th, '11, 5:53 am   #3
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Send a message via MSN to ShoalinCowboy76

I have not posted in any other thread yet so let me start off by saying I'm interested in playing in whatever you come up with for this game.

As far as ideas go I'll also have to wait until I pick up the game this morning and see the online stuff. As far as singles go, depending on how many people are particapating, maybe it would be fun to randomly assign an actual Pro golfer to everyone than play head to head match-ups against each other in some sort of bracket type tourney. You could have each round be the same course and settings for everyone, than it could be changed(another course or another weather setting for example) as the tourney advances to each round. You could leave out the top two or three of the best pros(Tiger for instance) that have insanley good putting attributes since putting is the biggest part of the game to try to level the field a little bit. Just an idea. Man that was more than I meant to type. Peace.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Old Apr. 11th, '11, 6:45 am   #4
MACNORTH

Jun 2008 1,055
Upstate NY
Send a message via MSN to MACNORTH Send a message via AIM to MACNORTH

I like the idea of having our own golfers...even though mine sucks.

Either idea would be sweet, but like the partner idea best. It could be run similarly to a Men's League Setup and we could use the forum to keep track of standings etc...

If there is any way I can help out the cause let me know.

MAC
Old Apr. 11th, '11, 7:01 am   #5
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia

Yeah, there could be quite the discrepancy between the people who have had the game for two to three weeks and us latecomers as far as created golfers go. Hadicapping might work but with the way everyones golfer would be changing and getting better based on how much everyone played the game it might be difficult too do.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Old Apr. 11th, '11, 10:04 am   #6
MACNORTH

Jun 2008 1,055
Upstate NY

Yeah I only like using mine ecause he has a sweet white mullet and green eyes
Old Apr. 11th, '11, 10:48 am   #7
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoalinCowboy76 View Post
Yeah, there could be quite the discrepancy between the people who have had the game for two to three weeks and us latecomers as far as created golfers go. Hadicapping might work but with the way everyones golfer would be changing and getting better based on how much everyone played the game it might be difficult too do.
I played 9 holes, a challenge, and a match play challenge last night. My attributes are already fairly decent I think. 35% power, 35% accuracy, 25% or so balance (helps accuracy), nothing on Draw/Fade/etc. even though I use it a bit, Putting grid (how small the grid is) I am about 35%, putting "circle" is about 25% I think. Not sure anymore.

Like I said, that's basically 9 holes of less than stellar golf, 2 holes for the one challenge, and I think I ended up losing on the 9th hole of the 9 hole challenge. If I had played better, I would've gotten a lot more. I have a glove now that gives me 6% experience boosts.
Old Apr. 21st, '11, 6:51 am   #8
ExArmySgt
Jun 2008 2,662
Vidor, Texas
Send a message via MSN to ExArmySgt Send a message via AIM to ExArmySgt

I will be setting up a singles tournament tonight when I get home from work for those that wish to participate. Maybe a couple. I will take the scores and figure the handicaps so that we can look and ranking players solely for the purposes of trying to put teams together.
Old Apr. 21st, '11, 7:12 am   #9
MACNORTH

Jun 2008 1,055
Upstate NY

Awesome man. Cant wait.

If you want help with any of this let me know, I would love to lend a hand.
Old Apr. 21st, '11, 9:19 am   #10
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm sorry I don't have better ideas than the ones I posted above. Nobody as ever accused me of being an idea man.