Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > 2k Hockey

Old Mar. 3rd, '10, 7:09 pm   #41
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddstyle View Post

LOL!!!

HOW AM I WRONG?

THERE WILL BE NO NHL 2K 11 ON EITHER THE 360 OR PS3...

I don't see how I am wrong at all, they aren't releasing 2K11 to compete head to head with EA they threw in the towel and are only releasing it on a system that they have no competition on..... yet.

EA won the NHL market on next gen consoles bottom line, 2K cut there losses and don't be too shocked if they develop the NHL series exclusively on the Wii from here on out.

I don't see how I am wrong at all.

No competition is bad all around and I fear what may happen if EA goes to the Wii.

Old Mar. 3rd, '10, 7:17 pm   #42
Kiddstyle
Aug 2008 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOENIX View Post
Jeffrey, I am really not trying to be a prick at all here but the FACT that NHL 2K11 was left OFF the list of upcoming titles possiblly means that there WILL NOT be an NHL 2K11 AT ALL. I am not saying anything about releasing information about the game, of course it is too early to do that, 2K has left NHL 2K11 OFF the list.

They promoted it late last year since the EA hype machine was in full swing and they really had nothing earth shattering to announce.

I am not sure if you read the Google link I provided or not but it is not a rumour it is FACT that they are looking at NOT releasing the game.
You didn't specifically say 360 and PS3. You said "there WILL NOT be an NHL 2K11 AT ALL" Although I am sure you are just as happy seeing it being axed on two systems, which I don't understand. No competition means little innovation. No one wins the nex gen console war for hockey. Only gamers lose with no choice. It's been proven with Madden, and it will more than likely happen again with hockey. It doesn't matter that Littman wants to see a great game, the higher ups could say: hey, we have no competition, so there is no need to innovate or develop anything new or groundbreaking. This has been the case in many different businesses.

2K did bring this on themselves. VC developed a subpar game and it showed in the sales and reviews. Whether it was subpar because of lack of staff or higher up decisions, we will never know. Developers do not want to release bad games, they are usually forced to through budgets constraints or other reasons made by higher ups.

Last edited by Kiddstyle; Mar. 3rd, '10 at 7:22 pm.
Old Mar. 3rd, '10, 7:36 pm   #43
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

not happy at all, not sure where that comes from. I am a fan of competition always have been always will be.

Littman and his crew had a direction to take the series the 2K group decide to "wing" it and hope for the best and all the happy folks reminiscing about the "good old days"

Littman and his group have achieved many of their goals they set but they are far from done, trust me on that.

Innovation is far from dead for Littman's group.

Old Mar. 5th, '10, 6:18 pm   #44
canucksss
Mar 2009 453
seattle, wa & langley, bc
Send a message via AIM to canucksss Send a message via Yahoo to canucksss

i just hope EA will not release a product lower than 2010 because they dont have any competition. this is not good for gamers.