Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > 2k Hockey

Old Jun. 27th, '09, 1:27 pm   #11
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

I wish 2K would put out a good hockey game. EA online sucks ass, while 2K's online leagues/features are awesome. Hopefully within the next few years 2K will catch up.
Old Jun. 27th, '09, 1:36 pm   #12
infrb
GO SHARKS GO!!
Jul 2008 503
Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latdogg View Post
I wish 2K would put out a good hockey game. EA online sucks ass, while 2K's online leagues/features are awesome. Hopefully within the next few years 2K will catch up.
You mustn't remember the network errors from NHL 2k6 and 2k7, the same network errors that happen in MLB.

I think EA's online offering is a lot better than 2Ks from an infrastructure/network standpoint. From a gameplay standpoint, I just hope the curve shot, wrap around, etc. are gone.
Old Jun. 27th, '09, 1:53 pm   #13
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,136
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

I think hes talking about how the leagues are setup online. I agree 2k def does a way better job than EA when it comes to that.

Old Jun. 27th, '09, 2:03 pm   #14
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,758
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugMonkeyRX View Post
I think hes talking about how the leagues are setup online. I agree 2k def does a way better job than EA when it comes to that.
Yes, I was referring to the online leagues that they offer. Way deeper than EA's "online league". Tris10 did some nice work. Now if only the game was better...
Old Jun. 27th, '09, 2:03 pm   #15
infrb
GO SHARKS GO!!
Jul 2008 503
Bay Area, CA

I agree on the concept. The execution however is pretty bad. Appears that the adjustment of the lineups in MLB is what causes the network errors in the first place. Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing was true for what used to happen in online leagues in NHL2K6 and 2K7.
Old Jul. 11th, '09, 8:11 am   #16
Synyster Diablo

Jul 2008 4,884

Funny how I haven't seen one trailer or clip of this game yet, I think with all the improvements in the EA series that 2K has a lot to worry about.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Samuel Johnson
Old Jul. 11th, '09, 8:23 am   #17
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,094
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolute View Post
Funny how I haven't seen one trailer or clip of this game yet, I think with all the improvements in the EA series that 2K has a lot to worry about.
I have to agree. I was a bit of a 2k fanboy back in the day and I really don't see how they can compete with EA right now. Back then you EA was still on the more arcade route, while 2k was more sim but now you don't even have that.

My personal opinion, they should cancel 2k10 and take a full year+ to work on NHL2k11. Either that or dropping the price back to $19.99 is about they only way I can see them competing right now. That is unless they have some major massive change and videos coming out next month.

It's kinda said to see how good NFL 2k5 was and NBA 2k is but how horrible MLB and NHL is.
Old Jul. 11th, '09, 8:48 am   #18
BenchBoss67
Oct 2008 2,438
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

I would have to say I was a huge 2k supporter back when it was a great game and really never liked the ea game. But once the 360 came out it seemed like 2k just started to not make a better game and ea took a huge jump to better the game and to this day continue to make improvements. I still play in a 2k league as it was my 1st ever online league but I personally prefer ea by far

Old Jul. 11th, '09, 9:13 am   #19
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

2K will be releasing information and screen shots soon enough

Last edited by Phoenix 2.0; Jul. 11th, '09 at 9:33 am.

Old Jul. 18th, '09, 1:29 am   #20
canucksss
Mar 2009 453
seattle, wa & langley, bc
Send a message via AIM to canucksss Send a message via Yahoo to canucksss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBoss67 View Post
I would have to say I was a huge 2k supporter back when it was a great game and really never liked the ea game. But once the 360 came out it seemed like 2k just started to not make a better game and ea took a huge jump to better the game and to this day continue to make improvements. I still play in a 2k league as it was my 1st ever online league but I personally prefer ea by far
yea i remember competing against you back in the other site. like you, i really like 2k a lot, but as the released of 2k7 and the new feature of EA2007 (with the right analog) i think the stride to a better game, EA made big steps while 2k either regressed or stop improving on their games.