Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > 2k Hockey

Old Jan. 13th, '09, 7:25 pm   #1
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0
Firefox 989 To Publish new NHL game

courtesy of Luc at Crashthenet.ca

Quote:
989 Sports back in the game. Sources from ign.com tells us that the developers from 989 Sports are currently in the making of a new Hockey game.

Untitled Page 44 Hockey Project
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developer: Page 44 Studios
Genre: Sports
Release Date: December 31, 2009
Exclusively on PlayStation 3

What We Know: The only details about Page 44 Studios' upcoming PlayStation 3 project is that it will be a cross-platform title with Sony's other two systems, the PSP and PS2, and that it is being considered a "Triple-A sports franchise." Given the history of Page 44's relationship with Sony, we were always guessing that the game was supposed to be all-new hockey sequel to the current Gretzky series. Later confirmation through job postings on Page 44's website confirmed that the game would indeed be a hockey title.

Once we get more new we will get you covered!
so it looks as though the NHL market might be crowded once again, EA NHL 2010 and 989 Sports on the PS3 wow!

I used to like the old series on PSX, this should be a good one... PSP version in the works? I hope so.

Old Jan. 13th, '09, 7:44 pm   #2
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

best news i have heard today. you can never go wrong with more hockey.

i also used to like the nhl faceoff series back in the 97/98 days.

hopefully they can make a quality product and bring some innovation into the market.

Old Jan. 13th, '09, 7:44 pm   #3
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,732
NE of TO

Bring back XSN NHL Rivals..lol..Man, that pond hockey was so much fun (especially all liquored up)

Old Jan. 13th, '09, 7:49 pm   #4
Jeffrey99
New GT: drummerJ99

Jul 2008 3,094
Columbus, IN
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey99 Send a message via AIM to Jeffrey99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffrey99

What's up with the release date? I'm guessing that'll change? That's 3 months after NHL 2010, I don't really think you'd get much sales releasing a game that late. Then again, if it's MLB The Show but with hockey teams, then it may still sell being released that late.
Old Jan. 13th, '09, 7:50 pm   #5
Fiddy
Banned
Aug 2008 667

man, IMO if the faceoff series was still around it would be on pair with mlb the show.. again IMO. i cant wait to see what they bring to the table. GREAT NEWS!!
Old Jan. 13th, '09, 7:54 pm   #6
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

NHL Rivals will always be one of my Favorite titles, it was so easy to pick up and play..

I think the December date is a projected one, I am sure that it will be closer to NHL season as the days wear on....

Old Jan. 14th, '09, 3:03 pm   #7
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,600
Boston

Great news. More competition in the hockey market should improve the quality of the games available. Theoretically.

Old Jan. 14th, '09, 9:32 pm   #8
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario

I think it will for sure, eventually we will have the ultimate game that can incorporate all the good little things...

Old Jan. 15th, '09, 4:58 pm   #9
pixel_archived

Jun 2008 0

With the new type of league in the EASHL, a gaming company can make a hockey game now without even the need of the NHL and NHLPA. It definitely opens up the door for new style of games.
Old Jan. 16th, '09, 2:06 pm   #10
NJDEVIL30274
Banned
Sep 2008 1,280
East Rutherford NJ
Send a message via AIM to NJDEVIL30274

Damn if the ps3 didn't suck this would be another hockey game to try. oh well.