Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > 2k Hockey

Old May. 25th, '11, 10:43 am   #1
darktrc
Landeskoging

Jun 2008 3,264
Richmond Hill, ON
Send a message via MSN to darktrc
Default 2K NHL Benched For the Year

For those that are fans of the 2K series, it appears NHL12 will be the only hockey game on the market this year, much like 2K12 will be the only basketball game.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6315332...ws%3Btitle%3B2
Old May. 25th, '11, 10:51 am   #2
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,205

They didn't do one last year either. Not that I have bought a 2K game I think ever.

Old May. 25th, '11, 10:58 am   #3
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,376
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

2k had a hockey game? what? I would totally play that over EA.

Old May. 25th, '11, 11:09 am   #4
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,205

Actually I did buy the iPad version, played it a couple of times and deleted it.

Old May. 25th, '11, 11:25 am   #5
BTW8892

May 2009 2,437
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmiller View Post
They didn't do one last year either. Not that I have bought a 2K game I think ever.
They did have 2k11 last year, but it was a Wii exclusive. Not really sure they'd be able to keep up with the new physics based EA engine
Old May. 25th, '11, 11:55 am   #6
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Competition is a good thing.

The sad thing is EA Sports and the NHL series hasn't had any competition for awhile, the crazy thing is that they still manage to make the game better (IMO)

speaking of NHL 2K being on the Wii only for last season, I just picked up EA Sports NHL Slapshot last night for the Wii for $20! my wife pointed out the 2K version for the same price and my 5 year old Son reminded her that "Daddy went to EA Sports for NHL not 2K land"

Old May. 25th, '11, 11:59 am   #7
BTW8892

May 2009 2,437
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to BTW8892 Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via Skype™ to BTW8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
Competition is a good thing.

The sad thing is EA Sports and the NHL series hasn't had any competition for awhile, the crazy thing is that they still manage to make the game better (IMO)

speaking of NHL 2K being on the Wii only for last season, I just picked up EA Sports NHL Slapshot last night for the Wii for $20! my wife pointed out the 2K version for the same price and my 5 year old Son reminded her that "Daddy went to EA Sports for NHL not 2K land"
$20 with the stick included? If so that's AWESOME, I've been wanting to get that game since it came out.
Old May. 25th, '11, 12:17 pm   #8
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

the funny thing was the game was $19 and an extra stick was $14!! My Son is leading the series so far 2-0 lol

Old May. 25th, '11, 1:15 pm   #9
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,110
Winnipeg, Manitoba

When the 2K series started on Dreamcast, it was the better hockey sim. I would worry that no competition will mean no serious improvement in the EA game other than roster updates. Doesn't look that way so far.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old May. 25th, '11, 1:25 pm   #10
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,661
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

I don't think the NHL series will ever become complacent as long as this development team sticks together. They are as much fans of the sport as those buying their games.