Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Hockey > 2k Hockey

Old May. 25th, '11, 1:50 pm   #11
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
I don't think the NHL series will ever become complacent as long as this development team sticks together. They are as much fans of the sport as those buying their games.

you have no idea how true this is my friend, very tight group and very open to any and all suggestions (big or small)

Old May. 25th, '11, 2:32 pm   #12
IIx Omark xII
May 2009 2,001
Stony Mountain, Manitoba
Send a message via MSN to IIx Omark xII Send a message via AIM to IIx Omark xII Send a message via Skype™ to IIx Omark xII

These games were fun to play offline.... But they were no where near the level of EA in realistic aspects.
There online was absolutly terrible as well (actually 2k online is brutal ether way)
Old May. 25th, '11, 4:48 pm   #13
JKGuy16
Nov 2008 1,588
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via MSN to JKGuy16 Send a message via Skype™ to JKGuy16

I still remember playing NHL 2k3, the first online sports game on xbox, non-stop with a friend of mine for months.

It really redefined hockey and what it should be. It also showed what a pile of crap EA Sports' version of NHL really was. In fact, EA's game was garbage for years until NHL 07 showed up.

It's funny that NHL 07's completely revamped game with *gasp* no need to use the face buttons would revolutionize hockey gaming, yet 2k7 was the first game in a downward spiral of terribleness.

I really wish SCEA would get into the hockey business and make something comparable to what MLB: The Show does for baseball.
Old May. 25th, '11, 6:30 pm   #14
Jepockn

Jun 2008 2,591
Regina, SK
Send a message via MSN to Jepockn

very disapointed in 2k for not releasing a hockey game for the consoles..

Old May. 30th, '11, 12:05 pm   #15
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Vezina Hands

Jun 2008 17,734
NE of TO

The great news about all of this, I just found out that the 2k MLB license is up after next year, and is NOT being renewed.

Does this open the door for The Show to be a 360 title soon? I sure hope so....

Old May. 30th, '11, 12:09 pm   #16
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
The great news about all of this, I just found out that the 2k MLB license is up after next year, and is NOT being renewed.

Does this open the door for The Show to be a 360 title soon? I sure hope so....
keep in mind that it is 2K that has decided not to renew, there will be an EA Sports offering and hopefully we can all go back to having fun on the 360. I know some guys on this site that will be returning their PS3 when it is announced!! kind of brutal when you have to have your 360 running so you can chat on PSN without worrying about lag issues.

2K can't afford exclusives at all and that is a good thing, competition is good.