Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Leagues > XBSHL > League News

Old May. 25th, '18, 2:48 pm   #1
KT
Jul 2008 5,184
Vancouver, B.C
Default XBS 3 Stars: Week 5

Being on the Golden Knights I try to not be biased towards my teammates. Some of them had killer stats this week, so it was impossible to leave them out of the Three Stars. They led the league in various different categories and I haven't given them any love in these writeups until this point. It was tough for me to choose the first star as Nico 916 Suave had an equally impressive week. However I find the story line fascinating here with OldTimeHockey. As you are probably aware, the trade deadline was last week and OTH was dealt from the first place Flames to the last place Golden Knights. It's very easy for a player to get discouraged in this scenario as it is never fun being traded. However, it didn't phase OTH one bit and he continued having a strong season... this time in a new uniform. So that's part of my reasoning. More below!

OldTimeHockey
Vegas Golden Knights
[ Forward | 3gp | 5g | 8a | 13pts ] - [ Week Record | 3-0-0 ]

In his first week as a Golden Knight, OldTimeHockey came out flying! Scoring 13 points in just 3 games, he provided Vegas with a huge offensive boost. His most impressive performance was on Monday evening against his former team the Calgary Flames. After a close first game, OTH still had a point to prove... and he did just that! Scoring 3 goals and 5 assists in the second game. He played a huge role in helping Vegas get back on track. He is your First Star this week!

Nico 916 Suave
Vegas Golden Knights
[ Forward | 4gp | 6g | 9a | 15pts ] - [ Week Record | 4-0-0 ]

The first half of the season was one to forget for Nico 916 Suave, averaging a career low 1.7 points per game. There's no doubt that Nico was looking to break away from that slump. He did that in a big way this week! Scoring the most points out of any player (15), it looks like he is back to his old self. He did everything right this week, and went undefeated (4-0-0) for the Golden Knights. With such impressive numbers, he gets the nod here for Second Star. Will he be able to continue this hot streak in Week 6?

BleedBlueBlood
Vegas Golden Knights
[ Goalie | 8gp | 1.88gaa | .792% ] - [ Week Record | 8-0-0 ]

BleedBlueBlood was lights out for the Golden Knights, winning in all 8 appearances for his team. It was an unusual week for BBB, as he faced less shots than usual (57). However, he was a brick wall for Vegas when they needed him the most. BBB made several game changing saves this week, often resulting in momentum swings, and goals being scored at the other end of the ice. BleedBlueBlood gave his team a chance to win every night, and there is not much more you can ask for. With an 8-0-0 record this week, BBB gets the nod here for Third Star this week!

Old May. 25th, '18, 3:01 pm   #2
BleedBlueBlood
Baron Von Sauerkraut

Jun 2008 18,106
Toronto

Great write up KT and well done (and it's not because I got a mention )

Yeah, while my save percentage wasn't that great (sometimes I got EA'd) I was glad to be apart of that 8-0 undefeated week. It's very rare a team does that here. Shout out goes to all my team mates as they played fantastic team defense in front of me. Great job everyone in Vegas! Let's try to have another week like that
Old May. 25th, '18, 4:01 pm   #3
BenchBoss67

Oct 2008 2,358
West Chester, PA
Send a message via MSN to BenchBoss67 Send a message via AIM to BenchBoss67 Send a message via Yahoo to BenchBoss67

Nice job kt
Old May. 25th, '18, 4:41 pm   #4
OldTimeHockey
The Garbage Man

Jul 2008 7,813
South Amboy, NJ
Send a message via MSN to OldTimeHockey

Thanks for doing these writeups week in week out KT. Congrats to my teammates. Was a good week all around. Nice to be recognized, but I think we all have the team first mentality. BBB did great when he was called upon, even when he was being scored on by friend instead of foe.

And no Dusty, number 1 star won’t go to my head. But being part of a team that went 7-1 last week and then coming to a team that went 8-0 might.
Old May. 25th, '18, 4:51 pm   #5
DrugMonkeyRX
Pack it up

Jul 2008 7,221
Long Island, NY
Send a message via MSN to DrugMonkeyRX Send a message via AIM to DrugMonkeyRX

congrats to all the winners!

Keep it up KT! great job man
Old May. 25th, '18, 4:59 pm   #6
LegendOfLayNher
Mar 2016 248
Florida

Good work and congrats all!
Old May. 25th, '18, 5:44 pm   #7
DustyRytStyk
Kabbott Is My Idol

May 2011 2,149
Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey View Post
And no Dusty, number 1 star won’t go to my head.
Too late, it already has....lol

Thank you KT for doing this. And congrats to my teammates.
Old May. 29th, '18, 9:34 am   #8
Nico 916 Suave
Sir Gorgeous

Jul 2011 3,596
Pittsburgh, PA

Awesome write up man! Love the in depth stats analysis. Had no idea I was sucking ass so bad ppg. Thank you for letting me know that I'm a bum