Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Consoles > XBox

Old Dec. 15th, '14, 10:56 pm   #1
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,154
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Default Couples gaming?

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on games for Xbox One that me and my fiancee can play together. Keeping in mind she won't touch anything involving shooting, graphic violence, or sports. We played the hell out of the Peggle games for example, but I'm not seeing another puzzle option like that. Something turn-based would be great, humour would be another good feature. I looked into the Rabbids Invasion game because she likes the Minions and the Rabbids are pretty much the same thing, but this game seems way more juvenile than previous editions and not in a fun way.

Any suggestions?
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Dec. 16th, '14, 6:34 am   #2
ShoalinCowboy76
Goonie for Life!

Dec 2008 1,597
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Send a message via MSN to ShoalinCowboy76

MineCraft Bitch!
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Charles Darwin
Old Dec. 16th, '14, 7:27 am   #3
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

The Jack Pack has You Don't Know Jack and a bunch of other games not just trivia. My wife and I play those all the time. I hear good things about that Fantasia game too. And I don't know if Worms has local co op but it's humorous. And it might be a long shot but my wife liked the WWE games, especially the Rumble. There was also supposed to be another Hasbro pack coming with Monopoly and games like that. Not sure if it is out and what games are available.

Old Dec. 16th, '14, 7:36 am   #4
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,270

Haven't found anything on the One yet that really even offers couch co-op. I think that Chariots game has a co op thing. I got it when it was a free gold game a month or two ago, haven't played it. I play the Borderlands and the Halos co op with my wife but they're shooters. Also did the Baldurs Gates on the older systems as well as Norrath. Started Sacred Angel 2 which is really similar, but those are more hack n slash than RPGS. Plants vs. Zombies, I've played with my nephew and that's kinda fun as a co op, but haven't really played it a lot. The Lego games are co ops, but I haven't played them myself, have the Marvel for the one and my daughter and nephew had a blast with that playing co op, but it's essentially an open world beat em up type of thing, but with Legos, well done though. Did some Disney Infinity co op with my daughter on PS3, and that was okay too, but I think it'd be a bit silly for you.

Now, I usually get a game for my wife to play on the PS3 to keep her occupied, she like the FPS way more than I do. So Ive gotten her Destiny and Far Cry 4 over the last couple months.

Might be best to get the Wii or something, I think that offers up more stuff like that. Even an old used GameCube system might offer up more of what you're looking for, if those little tiny discs are still in Gamestops or whatever the north of the border version is.
Old Dec. 16th, '14, 8:37 am   #5
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,154
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I gave serious consideration to a Wii U but she hates Mario for whatever reason. Won't even play Mario Kart with me!

She's not one for stories in games either. Chariot barely holds her interest. I'm just trying to come up with a cool thing we can play together over the holidays. Peggle and Zuma were good but we've 100 pecented everything there is to do in them.

Kinect Adventures was good for one weekend.
"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Dec. 16th, '14, 9:30 am   #6
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,107
Toronto

If you have Kinect, Dance Central Spotlight.
Old Dec. 16th, '14, 9:36 am   #7
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,270

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
If you have Kinect, Dance Central Spotlight.
I would actually pay to see that😱
Old Dec. 16th, '14, 9:38 am   #8
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,107
Toronto

Don't knock it, it's a great workout once you get going. My kids love it, but hey, so do I. It's always fun goofing around with the kids. Gives them a game that they can beat their father in
Old Dec. 16th, '14, 1:44 pm   #9
silentmiller
Mix it with love,babe.

Jul 2008 2,270

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
Don't knock it, it's a great workout once you get going. My kids love it, but hey, so do I. It's always fun goofing around with the kids. Gives them a game that they can beat their father in
I meant Muscley, you I could totally picture bustin a move! Sweating to the oldies!
Old Dec. 16th, '14, 2:22 pm   #10
BleedBlueBlood
XBS Skullets

Jun 2008 18,107
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmiller View Post
I meant Muscley, you I could totally picture bustin a move!
You mean Young MC Bust A Move