Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Technology > Electronics > Mac

Old Mar. 13th, '12, 4:19 pm   #11
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,416
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to canadianwhiskey

I got my 1gen Ipad for free, sold it about 7 weeks ago for $300 to upgrade. Looking forward to it. It'll be nice to have at the cottage this summer.

Old Mar. 13th, '12, 4:50 pm   #12
Nexus510
Banned
Sep 2011 1,910
Austin, TX

Not worth it to me unless you are an Apple Fanboy. Too many android tablets come out in between that can beat out the iPads. I love my Asus Transformer Prime and I think the Infinity coming out will beat out the new iPad as well.
Old Mar. 13th, '12, 4:57 pm   #13
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,416
Ontario, Canada

Those are great devices too, but when you are already setup App wise and have an iphone like I do already, no point to switch unless there is a huge difference in the tech.

Old Mar. 13th, '12, 5:14 pm   #14
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
Not worth it to me unless you are an Apple Fanboy. Too many android tablets come out in between that can beat out the iPads. I love my Asus Transformer Prime and I think the Infinity coming out will beat out the new iPad as well.
"Too many Android tablets come out in between"

That statement is soooo true, they try to compete and fail. Apple releases one version per year and every other tablet maker scrambles to catch up, Apple doesn't follow; it sets the bar.

Being called a fanboy is ludicrous, that title is reserved for something that is not really mainstream or a niche. Apple is the most valuable company on the planet, worth more than Google/Motorola & Microsoft Combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Mar. 13th, '12, 5:18 pm   #15
canadianwhiskey
Relax, have a drink.

Aug 2008 3,416
Ontario, Canada

"Sent from my iPhone" lol, fan boy ! j/k. They make a great product and are kind of successful at it.

Old Mar. 13th, '12, 5:48 pm   #16
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,280
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 2.0 View Post
"Too many Android tablets come out in between"

That statement is soooo true, they try to compete and fail. Apple releases one version per year and every other tablet maker scrambles to catch up, Apple doesn't follow; it sets the bar.

Being called a fanboy is ludicrous, that title is reserved for something that is not really mainstream or a niche. Apple is the most valuable company on the planet, worth more than Google/Motorola & Microsoft Combined.

So basically you're saying everything that is not an Apple product is a fail? C'mon.....ok, fanboy!

But I understand your POV, if I was looking through these all the time, I'd say the same....

Old Mar. 13th, '12, 6:18 pm   #17
Danzerino
The Future of the Habs

Jun 2008 2,557
Montreal, Quebec
Send a message via MSN to Danzerino Send a message via AIM to Danzerino

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueBlood View Post
I think Rogers might be the only LTE carrier right now in Canada.

Not enough upgrades to warrant buying the 3 now. I just got a 2 for Christmas. I'll probably wait until 4 comes out before getting another one.
Nope Bell and Telus also offers LTE.
Old Mar. 13th, '12, 6:42 pm   #18
muscleyarms83
Et Non Erunt Decem

Jun 2010 5,173
Winnipeg, Manitoba

You can buy their products at Wal-Mart now.

"Ya drive on down to Buffalo to watch the Leafs play, and sure, the gas is cheap, but fuck if they don't even have All Dressed chips in that shithole." - Wayne
Old Mar. 13th, '12, 6:46 pm   #19
Phoenix 2.0
I see dead people.

Jun 2008 12,960
Windsor Ontario
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via AIM to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Skype™ to Phoenix 2.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix 2.0

Didn't say everything is a fail, mostly just the RIM Playbook... I just don't see the need to flood the market with several varieties that basically do the same thing (every 6 months). An annual refresh is perfect in that it's current tech with enough power to last through the cycle and 100% compatible with previously purchased apps.

Resale value is another selling point, I can sell my original iPad and recoup 2/3 of the asking price of the new iPad... Can the same be said about an android tablet? (really I don't know, they may hold value but given the saturation I'm wondering)

I want my glasses back.

Old Mar. 13th, '12, 7:58 pm   #20
Drake
I don't hold hands

Jul 2008 3,798
Jersey shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus510 View Post
Can i see some links for these Android tablets?

Thanks.