Remember Me?:    
  Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > General Section > Sports Roundtable > Baseball

Old Oct. 8th, '15, 10:35 am   #1
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,763
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg
6 Cubs NLDS!

With that amazing win last night my North Siders will be facing off against the Cardinals in the NLDS. The season series between the two teams was fairly even (Cubs went 8-11 vs the Cards) and I am hoping for a great bunch of games coming up. What I am most excited about is seeing Wrigley packed to the brim!

And how about Arrieta? Not only should he receive the NL Cy Young, but they should say screw it and give him the AL as well
Old Oct. 8th, '15, 11:35 am   #2
OSB
Maximum effort!

Jun 2008 13,731
Boston

Let's not forget about the Back to the Future prophecy in play here.

Old Oct. 8th, '15, 11:41 am   #3
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,295
Toronto

Blue Jays win the world series in 5. That is all.

Old Oct. 8th, '15, 6:37 pm   #4
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Too bad the Marlins are in the NL and not in the playoffs. Still I wish I could have gone back and bet on the Cubbies.

Old Oct. 8th, '15, 8:23 pm   #5
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,713
St. Louis, Mo

Thankfully a Cubs fan started this so I can say that I'm surprised this is the first post-season meeting in history. Had it been a Cardinals fan, I'd have to hear, "Well of course, the Cubs suck so it's not that surprising."

I don't watch baseball except for when the Cardinals or Cubs are in the playoffs. I still don't necessarily watch, but I'll check in at the very least. Living in St. Louis you have to somewhat keep up with the team though I hardly know the lineup. I just hope I hear the score here and there. For a while, back when I was watching baseball after an earlier hiatus, I became a Cubs fan and watched them almost every day (at work even ).

So basically, I'll just be rooting for whoever wins this series. If it's the Cardinals, great. Root for the home team. If they don't, I don't have to hear about baseball as much. If it's the Cubs, I really hope they go all the way and finally end the drought (for lack of a stronger word ).
Old Oct. 9th, '15, 12:46 am   #6
Latdogg
Chicago

Jul 2008 2,763
Fontanafredda, Italy
Send a message via MSN to Latdogg Send a message via Skype™ to Latdogg Send a message via Yahoo to Latdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
Thankfully a Cubs fan started this so I can say that I'm surprised this is the first post-season meeting in history. Had it been a Cardinals fan, I'd have to hear, "Well of course, the Cubs suck so it's not that surprising."

I don't watch baseball except for when the Cardinals or Cubs are in the playoffs. I still don't necessarily watch, but I'll check in at the very least. Living in St. Louis you have to somewhat keep up with the team though I hardly know the lineup. I just hope I hear the score here and there. For a while, back when I was watching baseball after an earlier hiatus, I became a Cubs fan and watched them almost every day (at work even ).

So basically, I'll just be rooting for whoever wins this series. If it's the Cardinals, great. Root for the home team. If they don't, I don't have to hear about baseball as much. If it's the Cubs, I really hope they go all the way and finally end the drought (for lack of a stronger word ).
Yes I really hope it is a good series. I am really hoping the Cubs come through. Where we differ though is that I hate the Cardinals, lol. They are my Green Bay Packers of the MLB. Cubs have a very young lineup and I honestly think that will benefit us. What they lack in experience they more than make up for in energy and passion. Maybe even a little ignorant to the severity of post season baseball. Regardless, I hope to see this franchise do some work in October, 2003 was a LONG time ago.
Old Oct. 23rd, '15, 9:21 am   #7
XBoxJon

Jun 2008 6,876
St. Louis, MO

http://youtu.be/6AM7bmPwUhI
Old Oct. 23rd, '15, 2:44 pm   #8
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,295
Toronto

The Jays need to win tonight and tomorrow, then the prophecy will be fulfilled. Jays Mets world series. I want to see a Dickey vs Syndergaard match up....since they were traded for one another.

Old Oct. 24th, '15, 11:30 am   #9
BleedBlueBlood
Toronto Owner/Captain

Jun 2008 18,295
Toronto

Bah, good series KC and good luck in the WS. Go Mets Go!

Old Oct. 24th, '15, 2:35 pm   #10
Jcon77
Dee Plane, Dee Plane!

Jun 2008 4,268
Tampa, FL
Send a message via MSN to Jcon77 Send a message via AIM to Jcon77

Pulling for the Mets now too. Would have preferred the Cubs and Toronto.