Go Back   XBox-Sports Forum > Games > Racing

Old Jan. 17th, '11, 7:40 pm   #1
NJDEVIL30274
Banned
Sep 2008 1,280
East Rutherford NJ
Send a message via AIM to NJDEVIL30274
Default Nascar 2011

Looks very promising for a console racer.

http://nascarthegame.com/

Old Jan. 17th, '11, 7:51 pm   #2
jujimum
Custom User Title

Jun 2008 18,710
St. Louis, Mo

These games are usually a bit out of my league because I don't understand the tuning and stuff like that...and honestly, I don't want to learn it

The last NASCAR game I played was an EA game and it was absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! Not only could we not get a full race in, cars were laggy and jumping all over the screen. Mind you, it was a few years ago.

But the below is definitely appealing:
Quote:
Players have complete design freedom to customize their car’s paint color, decals, number and sponsor logos.
I just wonder if there will be helpers like Forza has. I love racing and hitting the turns just right, but don't get into the tuning. Therefore, it needs to be realistic, but not so sim it turns me off.

Obviously that's a personal preference. Forza always had some tuning calculators you could use to crunch numbers. I'd do those and then tweak them a tad. I didn't necessarily know what or why I was tweaking, but it worked. I was usually one of the better racers in the group I raced with. But I used all the helpers I could
Old Jan. 17th, '11, 7:53 pm   #3
NJDEVIL30274
Banned
Sep 2008 1,280
East Rutherford NJ
Send a message via AIM to NJDEVIL30274

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujimum View Post
These games are usually a bit out of my league because I don't understand the tuning and stuff like that...and honestly, I don't want to learn it

The last NASCAR game I played was an EA game and it was absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! Not only could we not get a full race in, cars were laggy and jumping all over the screen. Mind you, it was a few years ago.

But the below is definitely appealing:

I just wonder if there will be helpers like Forza has. I love racing and hitting the turns just right, but don't get into the tuning. Therefore, it needs to be realistic, but not so sim it turns me off.

Obviously that's a personal preference. Forza always had some tuning calculators you could use to crunch numbers. I'd do those and then tweak them a tad. I didn't necessarily know what or why I was tweaking, but it worked. I was usually one of the better racers in the group I raced with. But I used all the helpers I could
Check this out Juji.
go to the 11 min mark or so and watch a bit. Pretty good insight.

or the 16 min mark more specifically for this game.

Last edited by NJDEVIL30274; Jan. 17th, '11 at 7:55 pm.